I-485 Approved

life_on_hold

Registered Users (C)
Hi Guys !

It seem I have finally made it to the finish-line. Yesterday, i.e. 21st Oct, I received approval notices for every member of the family in mail. Our I-485s were filed at Laguna Niguel on Oct 4th of 2001. My case got trasferred to Kansas City, MO on May 13th. I had my 2nd finger print taken on May 14th. Had interview on Aug 14th. And, yesterday got the approval notices.

At one time I used to frequent the forum everyday and every hour. It is very informative and moral boosting. More than for being informative, I liked it because I found it amusing and entertaining.

Thanks and goodluck to all of you !!!

Originally posted by ND022202
Congratulations!
Did your online status change?

No, the online still says "On May 13th case has been transferred ...".

I really don't understand why it is so. It is either BCIS local centres don't have access to this online database or they simply don't care to update.

we are happy that we could put a good show for you. Hope you will be coming back and getting more entertained...:D :D

btw congrats

Originally posted by life_on_hold
I found it amusing and entertaining.

congrats..another classic example..

you must have filed 2 days earlier to me and got the approval 8 months later :)

Yes, without RFE

wowgc, eventually :

Yes, my case got approved without a RFE about which I was so scared. We had to go for the interview though. The DAO at the interview was good and courteous. He asked for current employment letter, marriage certifcate etc. He had initially asked for my son's birth certificate but as I was fumbling inside my folio for it he said, he does'nt need it, he said "I can see the boy resembles his mother, and I have already seen your marriage certificate". He then, checked for joint bank account etc. I showed him 2 bank statements. Showed him auto insurance papers, apartment lease (proof of me and my wife staying together :) ). He then said, "You guys must be filing taxes each year ?" to which I nodded my head indicating "Yes".

That was all.

Now, that the GC approval has come my wife has given me standing order to start job hunting religiously everyday atleast half-an-hour between 10:00 to 10:30 PM. No more excuses !!! :D