Case Details:
Category: EB2/RIRPD: Jan 1998
Center: TSC
RD: Aug 4, 1999
ND: Sept 23, 1999
FP: Aug 2000
I-485 ApprovalDate: July 26, 2001
Passport stamping done on Aug 4.
My passport was exiring in another 8 months. The lady asked to get another immigration photo for I-551. All done in 30mins.

FYI:
- contacted senator, their response was
  INS is processing July 99 cases, contact the office after 60 days
- Called INS several times in last 6 months, they keep saying that my
  file is ready to pulled onto workstation.

This group was very helpful and never got a chance to posted any messages before.

Sorry for being late to post the details on the web.

Friend\'s I-485 Approved

These are all the details that were provided.
EB3, Regular LC, PD - 07/97, India.
RD/ND: 12/99
FP: 03/00 (No 2\'nd FP requested)
AD: received approval notices last week
Friend had used 180 day rule to change jobs a month before approval.
This is another approval when FP had just expired.

No Title

Congratulations!
Thanks for posting your information on the site. It provides optimism for the pending cases.

Sri
PD 08/97, RD 10/99, 2\'nd FP 06/01

What did your friend do to change jobs on I485

I am in same boat and need to change jobs. Advise on what should I be very careful about. I do not have GC yet, ND 8/8/99 FP 10/26/99

EAD required?
H1 transfer required?
What to inform INS?

Etcetra - please give me his e-mail id so that I can contact directly?

I-485 Approved

I heard yesterday in AVM that I-485 have been approved for me and my wife. Details are as follows :
PD : Dec. 1997
ND :Aug 1999
RD : Sep 1999
FP (1st) : Dec 1999
FP (2nd) : May 2001
I-485 approved : Aug. 27 2001

I never posted my details at this board before. But I followed it almost everyday. This is a fantastic board. I really wish some other people (e.g. VSV) who\'s details are very close to mine should get their approval soon.

VSV : I contacted two different senators in Atlanta area before the expiry of my 1st FP. They couldn\'t do much. Then I e-mailed Senator Zell Miller on 17th Aug. Beleive me or not on 20th I received a call from senator\'s office. One day after that I received a letter that they will call INS on behalf of me. Yesterday they called me and let me know that my case has been approved. If you need more info pl. don\'t hesitate. I know the pain, so I will be more than glad to answer any. I really think you should e-mail or write letter to them, stating you are waiting for 2-years and many newer cases than your\'s are getting approval everyday.

Best of luck.

ASM

No Title

Yes, EAD is required.
INS was not informed.
Everything was taken care of by the new company,
I will try to find more details and post it here.

No Title

Congratulations ASM!
Could you please post the email id of Senator Zell Miller.

Sri
PD 08/97, RD 10/99, 2\'nd FP 06/01

No Title

Go to homepage of this site. And then Information Kit. I think I got the senator\'s e-mail from there. Good Luck

No Title

asind,

Thanks for the info. Yes,I have written to Bob Edwards, Democratic Senator, NC. They really suck! They have been sitting tight on their butts saying "TSC is processing 7/99 cases!". I said tell me something new. I\'ve even written to Congressman Bob Etheridge w/o a reply so far. To be honest with u,I have had enough and more of this freaking process..Phew..

No Title

VSV:

I completely understand man, how you are feeling. I got so much seek and tired of this GC process that I couldn\'t even enjoy the approval when it had come at last. I was so angry and frustrated that I wrote a very tough letter to the senator. I didn\'t even care about the consequences. I was telling my wife that I wouldn\'t care at this stage if I have to go back. It really hurt my self pride as if I am begging to stay in this country. In fact this freaking process is really making us think to go back to India, and live with pride.

Hope whatever good for you happens soon.

Wish all the best for everybody.