I-485 Approved

TiOfWg

I checked the AVM and found that my I-485 was approved.
I am registered as TiredOfWaiting on Immitracker.com
My details are:
LIN-198-5****
RD 6/28/00
ND 6/29/00
PD 6/12/97.
EB-2. India.
In all it has been a tiring experience. Now I don\'t feel tired anymore, but it almost seems
anti-climactic to know about the approval. I of course called the IVR system and listened to
the message a couple of dozen times.:)
Good luck to all the others who are waiting.

No Title

Congratulations.

Can you tell us about the number of days mentioned on your I485 petition. Because, we applied much before you, but our receipt notices say, that to preocess this kind of application it takes any where from 545 - 570 days.

Did you had this on your Receipt notice ?

Nirvana

No Title

Thanks Myladoor & co. Keep up the good work.
My FP was scheduled for the week of 1/16/01.
I am not so sure about how many days it said it would take on my receipt notice. I vaguely remember it saying something like 500 odd days or so. But don\'t hold me to it.
Overall, I must say I was quite flabbergasted when I heard my case was approved per the IVR system. I thought my approval was more like another month or two down the road.
I did not get any RFE\'s or anything like that. The name field in my birth certificate was blank. However I had 2 affidavits from my Parents and I had all other documentation provided too. I had responded to the yellow form sometime in Jan/Feb time frame (My employer I mean) along with a letter stating that the employment continued to be offered presently and would be offered post gc approval too.
My lawyer was pretty quick in turning things around and I had no complaints about his responsiveness. He is a company lawyer but we almost had carte blanche access to him.
Anyways, this has been a long journey like I have mentioned time and again. I wish all the others a less frustrating and shorter waiting periods.
Good luck.

No Title

Can you please eloborate on the Affadavit you got from India supporting the blank name fields on Birth Certificate. My wife\'s Birth Certificate also has a blank field for Name.

Thx in advance.

No Title

We completed the passport stamping ritual and we are now official!!. We drove to the Cincinnati downtown INS office from our home which was a two hour drive from where we live. We reached Cincinnati around 11.30 or so and we got our pictures taken as recommended by a few people at a studio opposite to the Federal bldg in Cincinnati. Then we went up to the INS office and took a number. We waited for an hour before our number was called and the processing took about 5-7 minutes in all.
The officer was polite, didn\'t talk much, processed us and said have a nice day. Sure enough we did until we hit traffic on the way back out of Cincinnati. (Those are smaller problems compared to the wait endured during the green card process)

The affidavit I had from my Parents listed their dates of birth, spouse\'s name, that they were present (in my Dad\'s case. In my Mom\'s case it mentioned she gave birth to me. I was specific that she mention this, because you could have a Mom who is not your biological Mom in cases such as adoptions etc.), date and name of hospital where the baby was delivered, and that the baby was named "so&so". Since in India, we didn\'t elaborate on our last names, it mentioned that the baby was named and the baby\'s full name is . This way we can atleast cover all the ambiguity that our birth certificates raise.