I-485 Approved

notyetGC

Registered Users (C)
Guys, my case is approved today as per AVM.

PD 12/1999
RD 04/16/2000
ND 06/26/2000
AP 12/27/2001
AD 02/27/2002

This discussion forum has been a wonderful site to keep track of RD, AD, etc... and so many information. Thank you Rajesh Khanna for hosting this site.

But I do have a question at this moment. I have not yet received my notice for Approval. But I am travelling on this Friday for a month. I have valid H1 and H4 (for my spouse) as well as Advance Parole. Will there be any problem at the port of entry ?

Thanks in advance.

Hold on buddy

YOur AP is invalid as soon as your case gets approved, so better postpone the trip out of the country for a while till you get the PP stamped.

notyetGC - Congratulations. Please update Immitracker, Thanks.

http://www.immitracker.com/app/index.html?sc=VSC

I dont think you will have any problem. My bro and SIL got approved in Oct and before they got the Cards had gone out of country for 3 weeks, when they were re-entering US, it took some extra time as they (Immigration Officer) verified whether they were really approved or not. I think they got stamped but did not have actual card in hand.

Ooops! Sorry about that...Rajiv Khanna; EAC 01-212-*

Thanks Belal Hassan. Hope spelt yours right. :)

If my Advance Parole is invalid, can I reenter with H1 (valid until 2003) ?

Thanks.

Travel not advised after approval and before stamping.

NotyetGC,

You have to understand that INS laws are complicated and most of them don\'t even make sense. One of those silly laws is last action rules. It means that the latest decision of INS supercedes any decisions made prior and are automatically invalid. I strongly suggest you to get your passport stamped before leaving this country. If you absolutely must leave then talk to a good attorney before making any decisions.

Good luck and congrats on your GC.