I-485 Approved

gcforum123

Hi!

My I-485 is approved. Thank you all!!

My spouse's I-485 (derivative appln) is not yet approved.

---------
PD 11/2002 EB2
I-140 Approved 12/2006
I-485 RD 7/2007 ND 9/2007 TSC
FP 10/2007
Approved 1/15/2009
Card Received 1/26/2009

was your I- 485 based on work h1b visa ?

I applied for mine and my wife on 10/10/07 but I have not heard from immigration other than finger printing and getting our work autorisation cards which they send right away within 1 month of aplications every 3 years. what date did you get yours aproved.

congratulation , make sure to understand that a green card is nothing but a card ! anyone can take it away from you at any port of entry. I had mine for 6 years and I stay 1 month over the 6 month in my country because my father was diying and consulate did not care a bit about it they took it !!!!!! and gave me regular visa to come back!
so make sure you take care of your cards ! I should have been a citizen long time ago, I have been in the USA since 1982 and had to start all over again , it is painfull . one of the things that you have to watch out for that happened to me was that they made a mistake on my card . the dates where all wrong for expiration and when they looked at it they understood that problem but still they said that I stiil broke the law for the time over in my country !

take care and this time around I should be getting my new one soon since I applied 3 month after you ! take care , raffman

congratulation , make sure to understand that a green card is nothing but a card ! anyone can take it away from you at any port of entry. I had mine for 6 years and I stay 1 month over the 6 month in my country because my father was diying and consulate did not care a bit about it they took it !!!!!! and gave me regular visa to come back!
so make sure you take care of your cards ! I should have been a citizen long time ago, I have been in the USA since 1982 and had to start all over again , it is painfull . one of the things that you have to watch out for that happened to me was that they made a mistake on my card . the dates where all wrong for expiration and when they looked at it they understood that problem but still they said that I stiil broke the law for the time over in my country !

take care and this time around I should be getting my new one soon since I applied 3 month after you ! take care , raffman
raffman - there has to be more to your story. It is highly unlikely that an absence of seven months would cause one to lose their green card, and why was a consulate involved?

I understand that you have to come to the US every six months if you are a green card holder and live abroad ,or will be absent for a long time.
So If you had come back before the six months period you should have been OK. I understand what you were going through with your father and all, but I know one should be very very organized with traveling and time periods and rules in order to keep your green card status safe. All in pursue of citizenship...once that happens you are truly
free!