I-485 approved

xyz 123

Registered Users (C)
Hi! All,

Long time surfer first time contributor.

Mine and my wifes I-485 was approved on Aug 28th. Recieved Courtesy copy on Sept 1st.
PD Jan 98, RD Oct 10th 2000, ND Nov 13th 2000, EB2 INDIA regular. EAC 01-032-XXXXX.
Applied for ammendment of I140 on march 27th 2001 for company name change. Didn\'t get that approval.

Never called Labor or INS through the whole process.

Changed home address just 2 weeks before approval and recieved the courtesy copy to correct address.

Thanks and good luck to all.

Rajesh.

NS

Hey Rajesh,
Can you please explain the process involved in "Change of Address"? Is there a form that I need to fill out, or do I need to call up VSC? Do you have the number to call?
Thanks for your help.
NS

No Title

Hi,
we got our I-485 approvals.
Details are:
VSC
EB2 India,
PD : 08/99
ND : 08/00
Voice mail message changed to appoved: 08/16/01
Letter received: 08/24/01
Passport stamped: 08/29/01
Originally I had filed under regular labor in 08/98
Changed to RIR in 08/99 ( Sure saved some time )
Eventually it was more a feeling of relief that this long process
with many unknowns beyond our control is over.
You never know the value of something(freedom) till you are deprived of it. In the old times the Priests at many a temple delibratley
build the gateways with a low entrance so that entering visitors had to bow their head to get in.
I sometimes wonder if the US immigration process is designed with some delibrate delays and frustrations just to make us feel obligated.
Another story that come to mind:
When an elephant is a baby elephant, it is tied to a stake with a chain. It does not have the strength to break free. And slowly it stops trying.
Later, even when it is fully grown and can easily break the chains that hold it back, it doesn\'t even try, because long ago, it has accepted in its mind the futility of trying.
So fellow immigrants, lets not be like those baby elephants, lets break the chains that prevented us from achieving our full potential.
Cheers.
nages

Address change

Actually I didn\'t do anything but call my lawyers and ask them to change address at INS.
If I\'m not mistaken I think they called INS and did it. We changed address on 08/20/01
and got the approval mailed on Aug 28th to the new address.

Sincerely,

Rajesh.

Immitracker

Hi! Oct2000,
    Thanks

I\'ve updated my details on immitracker as requested by you.

Sincerely,

Rajesh.

No Title

Rajesh,

Thanks for updating the tracker. Yes, I can your details under \'RRADHAMOHAN\' id.

GoodLuck.