I-485 Approved?

splendini

Registered Users (C)
I just checked my account and saw this. I almost had a mini heart attack when I saw today's LUD. Is this for real? I didn't get multiple emails.

Last month I heard from the congressman's office that my name check was complete as of 3/5/07 according to FBI letter. They haven't forwarded the letter to USCIS yet because the congresswoman was long out of office on vacation!! Maybe it was Ombudsman that helped me. They did say in the 3/1/07 letter that I'll be hearing from USCIS within 45 days... I changed my job in February and I didn't file for AC21. I've been biting my nails since. Thank you everyone on this forum!

Receipt Number: EAC05252XXXXX

Application Type: I485, APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS

Current Status: Approval notice sent.

On April 16, 2007, we mailed you a notice that we have approved this I485 APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS. Please follow any instructions on the notice. If you move before you receive the notice, call customer service.

EB2/Current
PERM AD Jul 05
I140-RD Sep 05, AD Jan 06
I485-RD Sep 05
FP Oct 05
I485 LUD: 11/4/05, 4/16/07 (AD)
Inquiry #1: Nov 2006 - Ignored
Inquiry #2: 1/08/07 - Received a letter on 1/13/07 "background check"
Unsolicited Letter from Acting Center Director Sandy: 1/30/07 "security check"
Contacted Senator Clinton: Jan 23-30 thru email, fax, mail > No Response
CIS Ombudsman: 1/31/07 >> 3/1/07 got that useless "you will hear from USCIS within 45-days" letter
Contacted Congresswoman on 2/01/07. On 2/15/07 a letter sent to FBI. On 3/23/07, they got the letter from FBI saying name check is complete as of 3/5/2007.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just checked my account and saw this. I almost had a mini heart attack when I saw today's LUD. Is this for real? I didn't get multiple emails.

Last month I heard from the congressman's office that my name check was complete as of 3/5/07 according to FBI letter. They haven't forwarded the letter to USCIS yet because the congresswoman was long out of office on vacation!! Maybe it was Ombudsman that helped me. The did say in the 3/1/07 letter that I'll be hearing from USCIS within 45 days... I changed my job in February and I didn't file for AC21. I've been biting my nails since. Thank you everyone on this forum!

Application Type: I485, APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS

On April 16, 2007, we mailed you a notice that we have approved this I485 APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS. Please follow any instructions on the notice. If you move before you receive the notice, call customer service.

EB2/Current
PERM AD Jul 05
I485-RD Sep 05
CIS Ombudsman: 1/31/07 >> 3/1/07 got that useless "you will hear from USCIS within 45-days" letter
Contacted Congresswoman on 2/01/07. On 2/15/07 a letter sent to FBI. On 3/23/07, they got the letter from FBI saying name check is complete as of 3/5/2007.

So, this means Background Checks = FBI NC + FBI FPC + IBIS NC. In your case, FBI NC was pending and the others two was done a while ago.

Hi splendid,

My receipt date for I-485 (EB2-NIW) is about the same day as yours (may be +1 day) and not sure about where my file is. Last year my file was transferred to NSC (July 2006) and got transferred to VSC again (i was not notified by NSC or VSC about this event). Now NSC says that my file is at VSC and VSC is saying that they have transferred to TSC. There is no wording from TSC either. The online status still says that my file is pending at NSC. whole lot of confusion right!!!

Congratulations splendini !
Could you please tell me about your FP. I believe your first FP would have expired since your I485 was in Sep 05. Did you do a second FP and when did you do it. I am a little curious since my I485 dates are similar to yours.
Thanks a lot.

Last month I heard from the congressman's office that my name check was complete as of 3/5/07 according to FBI letter. They haven't forwarded the letter to USCIS yet because the congresswoman was long out of office on vacation!! Maybe it was Ombudsman that helped me. The did say in the 3/1/07 letter that I'll be hearing from USCIS within 45 days... I changed my job in February and I didn't file for AC21. I've been biting my nails since. Thank you everyone on this forum!

EB2/Current
PERM AD Jul 05
I485-RD Sep 05

No 2nd FP Requested

Congratulations splendini !
Could you please tell me about your FP. I believe your first FP would have expired since your I485 was in Sep 05. Did you do a second FP and when did you do it. I am a little curious since my I485 dates are similar to yours.
Thanks a lot.

Thank you Raj97. Strangely, I wasn't asked for the second FP. As you pointed out, my FP would have expired. I had it done in Oct 2005 so it's 18 months old... How long is FP valid? Maybe 18 months max?! And all this time there was only one LUD (11/4/05) before the approval.

Hi Splendid,

I think it is upto the service center whether they want FP done again or not. I guess you are the second case I have come across in this forum. One case I found the spouse was not asked for second FP eventhough her/his FP got expired (THE CASE WAS AT Vermont Service Center). Anything is possible with USCIS.

I did not get any update on my I-485 after July 2006.

Thanks for your reply Splendini.
FPs expire every 15 months irrespective of Service center or ASC. The only possibility I can think of in your case is that they pre-adjucated the I485 and were just waiting for name check to be complete.
But as correctly said..anything is possible..its USCIS

Thanks for your reply Splendini.
FPs expire every 15 months irrespective of Service center or ASC. The only possibility I can think of in your case is that they pre-adjucated the I485 and were just waiting for name check to be complete.
But as correctly said..anything is possible..its USCIS

Raj,

Your case history is very similar to mine indeed. My case was approved about 40 days after the completion of name check. Since yours was done on March 30, I'm sure you'll get your approval sometime next month. Good luck and keep us posted.

Did't you get FP notice..

Hello Splendini,
Congratulations on your new earned freedom ;-). My question to you is whether you have received any FP notices as they should have been expired.
thanks,
Sridar

EB2/Current
PERM AD Jul 05
I485-RD Sep 05

Hello Splendini,
Congratulations on your new earned freedom ;-). My question to you is whether you have received any FP notices as they should have been expired.
thanks,
Sridar

Thank you, Sri_know.
I did not received the 2nd FP, although I was expecting to get it before the approval. After all I'm glad I didn't have to...

Thank you, Sri_know.
I did not received the 2nd FP, although I was expecting to get it before the approval. After all I'm glad I didn't have to...

Splendini:

Congrats! My NC was cleared recently - April 5, 2007 - so keeping my fingers crossed. After waiting for so long, I have learnt not to keep my hopes high with USCIS!

Splendini:

Congrats! My NC was cleared recently - April 5, 2007 - so keeping my fingers crossed. After waiting for so long, I have learnt not to keep my hopes high with USCIS!

akayal1973 - You should be receiving FP notice shortly, if not already. If you don't receive it in 2 weeks, contact ur senator/congressman's office for help. Based on my own exp, once the FP2 is given (after ur NC cleared), you should get approval in 2-4 weeks.

Good Luck...

Thank you leohawk and akayal1973.
Namecheck clearance is a very promising sign!
Hope you guys get the cards soon.

Raj,

Your case history is very similar to mine indeed. My case was approved about 40 days after the completion of name check. Since yours was done on March 30, I'm sure you'll get your approval sometime next month. Good luck and keep us posted.

"CIS Ombudsman: 1/31/07 >> 3/1/07 got that useless "you will hear from USCIS within 45-days" letter"
In my opinion this triggered yr approval. Useless, but real letter. What do you think?
I, also, sent a e-mail to CIS Ombudsman today!

I agree

"CIS Ombudsman: 1/31/07 >> 3/1/07 got that useless "you will hear from USCIS within 45-days" letter"
In my opinion this triggered yr approval. Useless, but real letter. What do you think?
I, also, sent a e-mail to CIS Ombudsman today!

That's exactly what I think. I heard from USCIS approximately 45 days after the Ombudsman letter.

At the time I received the letter, I totally dismissed it, thinking it was another half-hearted attempt to pacify me. The letter did say that they began an inquiry on my case. I guess they meant it?!

Did you contact the congressman as well? It might help too...

contacting senator

Hi Splendini

I too have an I-485 (EB-2) pending since 2005. After many many attempts I
have been unable to find out why exactly it is being delayed. I now want to
contact Sen. Clinton as well but don't quite know what to write in my letter
(what documentation/details to supply, etc). I would appreciate if you could
provide more details on how you went about doing so.

Also, it seems many of you were able to find out whether your NC has been
cleared or not. USCIS will simply not tell me the status of my NC and the FBI don't respond to my repeated inquiries. Any advice on this would be greatly
appreciated.

Thanks very much

I-485 (EB2/NIW) pending (under cross chargeability rules)
I140 AD 11/3/04
I-485 ND: 1/25/05
FP1: 3/15/05
FBI FOIPA: 9/15/05 "No records found"
AP1: 12/15/05
AP2: 10/16/06
FP2: 11/9/06
Transferred to TSC: 3/7/07