I-485 approved

mmrsagili

Registered Users (C)
Finally I got magic emails on last Friday.
I have been silent member of the forum and learned a lot from this . I would like to thank one and all. This is an excellent forum and you guys are brilliant and helpful.

I want to share a story behind this approval and may help someone who are in the same boat like me.

My previous employer applied for labor in Oregon on 12/4/2000 and I-140 was approved. But I got laid off in May 2001 before applying I-485.

My present employer applied labor again in Oregon in Dec 2001. But it was still pending.

Then my employer moved me to their head quarters in North Carolina in October 2003 and applied labor again in NC. My labor was cleared and my I-140 and I-485 was applied subsequently based on this PD(Please see my signature for details). But my case got struck in the regression.

Early this year, I saw an article in Murthy.com that we can retain the priority date if our I-140 was previously approved. Please see the article at http://www.murthy.com/news/UDinsigs.html).

Then I contacted my lawyer with the information in this article and sent the copy of previous I-140(containing PD 12/2000) to TSC on 6/10/06 and my case was approved on 8/4/06. I and my daughter received cards yesterday. We are still waiting for my wife’s card.

Interestingly my present attorney and previous attorneys were not aware of this provision. All of them told me that once I was laid off that labor and I-140 was dead and we have to start the process all over again. If they had known this, I would have got the GC two years ago itself. I am grateful to murthy.com.

Anyway, I am glad that finally painful journey is over.

mmrsagili,

Congratulations!!! Welcome to the GC club.

All the best and hope your wife receives her green card soon.

Congratulations !!
It's very nice to see an approval and I hope other members got the approval soon!

About the attorneys: Some are very competent, but others just want to earn money!
Some day I will tell the story of my lawyer. It's not a happy one ever after!

Hi NIW-Nov 04,
I sent copy of my previous I-140 to my attorney and they sent it to TSC along with necessary documentation. I have no idea of draft of the letter. I am sorry...

Hi santa4u,
My I-485 was applied in March 2004(Two and half years ago). So, I think name check should have been cleared in due course. I did not make any enquiry for this.

mmrsagili,

A hundred feathers in your cap for taking initiative, not only trusting your lawyer's competence. Congratulations!!! :)

Hi experts,
I have been saving most of the immigration documents since I came to US in 1998 and they got accumulated over the years. Now I have following docs to mention a few…
H-1Bs, H-4s
I-94s
I-485 and I-140 receipt notices
I-140 approval notices
3 EADs and 3 APs

Now that I have got green card, Do I still need any of these in future(for citizenship etc)or can I put them in shredder and get rid of them?(I am vexed by the painful green card process!!!)

Thx

mmrsagili:

Congratulations!!! enjoy GC days and good luck for Citizenship

i would say keeping all your documents wont harm it may help in future....you never know.

Thanks for your replies, I will keep those docs....

Hi NIW-Nov 04,
I can understand your situation and eagerness. But I have a problem.
I need to route every question to attorney through our HR because our attorney charges my employer for every correspondence/communication. That is why I am hesitating to communicate with lawyer.

I will try my level best but I cannot promise you anything....

Hi, mmrsagili

Congratulations!

I would also deeply appreciate if you could let me know the TSC address where your lawyer sent the letter to. You may post it here or send me private message.

Thank you very much!