I 485 approved

k12ven

Registered Users (C)
We got approval email today and message says.

This case has been approved. On April 20, 2006, an approval notice was
mailed. If 30 days have passed and you have not recieve this notice...

Does anybody know how long it will take to recieve the approval letter
and actual plastic card ?

Thanks

Thanks everybody.

Our case detail is below:

I485 is employment based (EB3). Labour was filed in April 2001 after approval of labour I485 and I140 filed in April 2003. Our priority date was April 30th 2001. We (me and my wife) had our interview in Oct 2005 at NY local office. they did not stamp passport because priority date was not current.

In Nov 2005, our case was transfered to VSC and then the online message changed this month that our case is approved.

In this whole process they have requested for finger prints twice.

k12ven said:
Thanks everybody.

Our case detail is below:

I485 is employment based (EB3). Labour was filed in April 2001 after approval of labour I485 and I140 filed in April 2003. Our priority date was April 30th 2001. We (me and my wife) had our interview in Oct 2005 at NY local office. they did not stamp passport because priority date was not current.

In Nov 2005, our case was transfered to VSC and then the online message changed this month that our case is approved.

In this whole process they have requested for finger prints twice.
Do you think why the USCIS wanted to interview you? Can you detail your interview a little?

immiq said:
Do you think why the USCIS wanted to interview you? Can you detail your interview a little?

They can interview anbody they want :). In the interview notice they did not specify the reason for the interview.

At the time of interview the lady confirmed our address, where we work, asked for some documents like tax letter 1722, pay stub for my husband, etc and write pending on our passports because priority date was not current.

passport stamp waiting for plastic card

hi we had interview last week 26 th april 2006 at atlanta office there and then they stamp our passport just waiting for plastic cards .
eb3 india pd march 2000 :) :) :)

This is what our notice says:

"The above application has been approved. Prior to receiving your permanent resident card you may be required to report for biometrics processing (photo/fingerprint/signature). please do not take any action at this time. if you are to report for this processing, you will receive another notice advising you of the date, time and location to appear."

We had our finger prints done in Sept 2005 and interview in Oct 2005. They have our photos and signature from the time of interview. Can we get our passport stamped? Also it has been two weeks now since we receive the approval notice and have not yet received the permanent resident card.

Thanks

GC Cards

Hi K12ven

Did you get your cards yet, how long did it take from the time you have been notified via email. I am in the same boat as you.

GC_Ranger,

We got the email of approval notice on April 20th and we have not received the card yet. We do not even see the message that the card has been ordered.