I-485 Approved

Harry Labana

Registered Users (C)
Wanted to share this with the group, about the experience of myself and friend. Both are Indian but born in England. We both filled for our I-485 in September 1999, after going through the labour cert and 1-140 process which we began in Feb 98. Mine was a EB3 his was a EB2. I had my finger prints taken on August 2nd 2000 his were on August 7th 2000. On October 27th 2000 my friend has received an approval notice and will have his passport stamped this week.

Any ideas when to expect mine or other questions that I should be asking. I am not expert on this matter just wanted to share this with all of you who are waiting like me. Welcome any comments?

No Title

I hope EB3, PD : Feb-98 is not current. If your PD is current then you can expect your approval any moment.

Thanks.

No Title

I got my 485 approval notices for me and my family without any RFE yesterday by mail and I am really pleased with the whole process. For me it took exactly two and half years to finish the whole process. Please give me the check list of documents to take for stamping. I came to know from this site that I need to take photos for my children even though it is not mentioned. Even though I check this site for recent updates , this is the first time I am posting a message.

My details are:
Category: EB2(regular labor)
PD April 28th, 1998
RD Sep 6th, 1999
ND Sep 25th, 1999
EAC # 99-274-xxxxx

No Title

My country is the UK. I spoke to my lawyer and she told me that category PD etc does not matter for me. Guess I am lucky and should expect my approval any day soon. As soon as I have a complete list of what to take I will post it