I-485 Approved

nalasra

Registered Users (C)
After a long long wait and few revoke notices USCIS finaly decided to approve my case. I got confirmation on 27th of June. I was not expecting this so I am a little bit surprised! My wife is still waiting for her approval. She'll probably have to wait for few more months because of EB3 visa unavailability starting next month. Here is my USCIS rap sheet, if anybody is interested:

EB3 RIR
PD March 1, 2001
Orignal I-140 approved, April 9, 2002
Ammendment to I-140 Applied, July 9, 2002
I-485 applied for myself and wife, July 2002
1st FPs, November 2003
Revoke Notices for I-140s, January 2004 (Who knows what the real reason was for these notices)
numerous APs and EADs
2nd FPs were scheduled for july 2005
I-485 approved June 27th 2005, Wife's still pending.
No updates on I-140s, I guess they are approved, atleast that is what my lawyer says.

Could you please tell me the message you received in the approval email, I have received following email and am not sure if its about approval or RFE ? Anybody received similar email....

Application Type: I485 , Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status

Current Status:

On June 29, 2005, the document we made based on the approval or registration of this case was mailed directly to the person to whom issued.

If you have questions or concerns about your application or the case status results listed above, or if you have not received a decision or advice from USCIS within the projected processing time frame*, please contact the National Customer Service Center.

National Customer Service Center (800) 375-5283.

I got similar LUD updates (about 4 to 5 within 10 days) with the same message. The first LUD update was for FP notice. Probably the others were for FP results etc.

Congratulations

You deserve to be congratulated. (unlike the folks whose middle name is 'Lucky' and just filed in 2005/2004 and walked away with the GC and have no idea about the pain we go through). Not only for getting your GC but also being able to live to see it approved with all your vital organs and mental sanity in working shape during the agonizing period.
I have been waiting for that day for the past 10 years. I am not sure how long I would have to wait. I hope to survive like you.

Congrats again.

nalasra
Good for you well deserved!!!!
I'm glad you got your approval before the EB3 backlog, now you can have a nice summer vacation and put all you went through behind you!!!
God Bless You!

But I still dont know what this message means, has anybody received this message before and it was approval ?
Thx

congratulations nalasra

nalasra said:
After a long long wait and few revoke notices USCIS finaly decided to approve my case. I got confirmation on 27th of June. I was not expecting this so I am a little bit surprised! My wife is still waiting for her approval. She'll probably have to wait for few more months because of EB3 visa unavailability starting next month. Here is my USCIS rap sheet, if anybody is interested:

EB3 RIR
PD March 1, 2001
Orignal I-140 approved, April 9, 2002
Ammendment to I-140 Applied, July 9, 2002
I-485 applied for myself and wife, July 2002
1st FPs, November 2003
Revoke Notices for I-140s, January 2004 (Who knows what the real reason was for these notices)
numerous APs and EADs
2nd FPs were scheduled for july 2005
I-485 approved June 27th 2005, Wife's still pending.
No updates on I-140s, I guess they are approved, atleast that is what my lawyer says.

ritu sanjay long time no see

so beside taking 2 photos and eads and passport and aps anything else....

how many windows are open and any piece of advise.. i talk to much so do you think i should just shut up when i reach the window and let them stamp my passport :D

Same as mine

ThakurSahab said:
But I still dont know what this message means, has anybody received this message before and it was approval ?
Thx
I have the same email message... Congratulations..

Thanks

Thank you all for your kind words. I just hope that this GC is worth all the trouble and headache.

We all are very haapy to see 2002 approval, You deserve it,

Happy GC to you and family :D

HTML:
          ~                  ~
  ~       *                *         ~    *          
              *       ~        *              *   ~
                  )         (         )              *
    *    ~     ) (_)   (   (_)   )   (_) (  *
           *  (_) # ) (_) ) # ( (_) ( # (_)       *
              _#.-#(_)-#-(_)#(_)-#-(_)#-.#_    
  *         .' #  # #  #  # # #  #  # #  # `.   ~     *
           :   #    #  #  #   #  #  #    #   :   
    ~      :.       #     #   #     #       .:      *
        *  | `-.__                     __.-' | *
           |      `````"""""""""""`````      |         *
     *     |         | ||\ |~)|~)\ /         |    
           |         |~||~\|~ |~  |          |       ~
   ~   *   |           __     __             | * 
           |          /  _   /               |         *
   *    _.-|          \__| o \__                       |-._  
      .'   '.      ~            ~           .'   `.  *
      :      `-.__                     __.-'      :
       `.         `````"""""""""""`````         .'
         `-.._                             _..-'
              `````""""-----------""""`````

Good Luck

ziad2005 said:
so beside taking 2 photos and eads and passport and aps anything else....

of course 485 approval notice.. take a copy for your records as they will keep the origional
how many windows are open and any piece of advise.. i talk to much so do you think i should just shut up when i reach the window and let them stamp my passport

There are about 6-7 windows.. just be polite that's all... greetings. etc..

one more thing, don't need to go very early... just 10 mins before scheduled time is fine...

:D

congartulations nalasra....

I have the same question in my mind tooo...Is all this GC(C...P) really worth in the long run.....