I-485 approved

desi_gandalf

Registered Users (C)
Hello all,

I have the following status on both mine and my spouse' I-485.

This case has been approved. On May 23, 2005, an approval notice was
mailed. If 14 days have passed and you have not received this notice, you
may wish to verify or update your address. To update your address,
please call the National Customer Service Center at (800) 375-5283.

I presume that means that the cases have been approved. I am somewhat bewildered by this as my priority date is EB3-Nov-2003 and I am from India. Maybe the June dates are going to be current after the 50K bill ? I will wait for the actual notice by mail before getting too elated :)

CSC - EB3
PD - Nov 2003
I-140/485/765/131 RD - 12/16/2004
EAD/AP AD - Feb 20th or so
I-140 AD - 05/13/2005(email confirmation, no snail mail yet)
I-485 Supposed AD - 05/23/2005

Congrats man!

...Oh I think you can celeberate!
Your confusion for the PD is well founded but just goes to show how screwed up the USCIS process is!
I filed my 485/140's in Dec 2002... 140 AD July 2003, got FP in Jan 2005; and now? Waiting! :mad:

Anyways enjoy, and good luck! The magic application could be sitting in the mail even as we speak!

Thanks. Yeah, it is a tad unfair that you havent got your approval. Hang in there though is all I can say ;-) USCIS sure acts in mysterious ways, so I wont even attempt to analyze its behaviour. Anyway, will await the paper before opening up the bubbly.

desi_gandalf said:
Hello all,

I have the following status on both mine and my spouse' I-485.

This case has been approved. On May 23, 2005, an approval notice was
mailed. If 14 days have passed and you have not received this notice, you
may wish to verify or update your address. To update your address,
please call the National Customer Service Center at (800) 375-5283.

I presume that means that the cases have been approved. I am somewhat bewildered by this as my priority date is EB3-Nov-2003 and I am from India. Maybe the June dates are going to be current after the 50K bill ? I will wait for the actual notice by mail before getting too elated :)

CSC - EB3
PD - Nov 2003
I-140/485/765/131 RD - 12/16/2004
EAD/AP AD - Feb 20th or so
I-140 AD - 05/13/2005(email confirmation, no snail mail yet)
I-485 Supposed AD - 05/23/2005

First of all my hearty congratulations to you on getting your 485 approval. Sometimes people think that they are in EB3 category where as actually they are EB2. Could you look at your 140 receipt/approval notice and verify that you are indeed EB3.

Hmmm. I will check the section on my I-140 tonight. The chances are rather low of it being EB2 because my ETA-750A(of which I have a copy) has BS + 2 years as experience and when I had initially provided my experience letters, my lawyer had asked for a total of only 3-4 years of experience. I think I had checked the section once before, but will double check. BTW I checked with my lawyers and they confirmed that it is an approval.

FWIW, my I-140 receipt notice does say "Skilled Worker or Professional". So, that does mean that its an EB3 case. I dont have my approval notice yet. Will wait and see.

desi_gandalf said:
FWIW, my I-140 receipt notice does say "Skilled Worker or Professional". So, that does mean that its an EB3 case. I dont have my approval notice yet. Will wait and see.

Oh it's worth it... you are EB3. But it's more likely a mistake rather than a trend. Thanks for following up ... "The White Rider"

Yeah. Possibly. I hope I get something by snail mail soon, so that I can at least confirm what has happened :) Otherwise, I am just speculating on what might and might not be. What's the USCIS stand on revocations in case they made a mistake ? There was some recent law that was passed to allow them to do so, wasnt there ? And this when there is enough fud about everything associated with a GC :) Maybe its time for me to post something addressed to the usual suspects ;-)

Last edited by a moderator: