I-485 Approved

Why the messages are different?

Hi Gurus,

I receive email from VSC.
This case has been approved. On April 16, 2005, an approval notice was mailed. If 14 days have passed and you have not received this notice, you may wish to verify or update your address. To update your address, please call the National Customer Service Center at (800) 375-5283.
Do I need infopass to schedule a passport stamp or interview to get plastic card?

But it seems like GC-App got different message like the following.

On April 14, 2005, after approving your application, we ordered you a
new card. Your card will be mailed to you as soon as it is ready.
GC-App, Do you have your passport stamped or you just receive your plastic card without passport stamping?

Why the messages are different? Thanks a lot!

Reachsky

Did you give finger print or biometrics? BTW, we appreciate if you post the case details.
It will be helpful for the readers to respond or analyze about their own cases when they go through the messages and congratulate you.

Enjoy!
Thanks.

reachsky said:
Hi Gurus,

I receive email from VSC.
This case has been approved. On April 16, 2005, an approval notice was mailed. If 14 days have passed and you have not received this notice, you may wish to verify or update your address. To update your address, please call the National Customer Service Center at (800) 375-5283.
Do I need infopass to schedule a passport stamp or interview to get plastic card?

But it seems like GC-App got different message like the following.

On April 14, 2005, after approving your application, we ordered you a
new card. Your card will be mailed to you as soon as it is ready.
GC-App, Do you have your passport stamped or you just receive your plastic card without passport stamping?

Why the messages are different? Thanks a lot!

Reachsky

WantGCIn2005 said:
Did you give finger print or biometrics? BTW, we appreciate if you post the case details.
It will be helpful for the readers to respond or analyze about their own cases when they go through the messages and congratulate you.

Enjoy!
Thanks.

EB1 EA.
I did not have exact date on top of my head.
I-140 submitted in mid of July 2004. Approved some time in Oct 2004.
I-485 submitted 11/26/2004. Approved 4/16/05
FP on 3/6/05 LUD 3/10, 3/14
Even though FP code 3, but they only take my 10 finger prints using machine without taking any picture.

Hi Reachsky,

I am not sure why your message have not changed after initial Approved message . the only one reason i can find is , code on the FP notice . if its 3 then at ASC while giving finger prints , along with ten finger prints they take a single finger print and a digital photo (FP + biometric ) .

Finger print and photo is the new procedure they have added along with FP so that USCIS can reduce work after I485 approved . in old system ,USCIS used to take biometric while stamping on PP . wait for your I485 approval notice its should have more details as what you need to do next .

for me yesterday , i had approved notice and today the msg changed to "card orderd" . my FP notice had code 3 ( FP + biometric) .

Thanks for posting the details. That is strange that they didnot take picture and digital signature, anyways, can you take an infopass appt and go for stamping?
Why do you worry abt the message when you already got the approval??
Indeed that was very fast, ofcourse it was EB1.
reachsky said:
EB1 EA.
Even though FP code 3, but they only take my 10 finger prints using machine without taking any picture.

reachsky said:
EB1 EA.

Hi Reachsky,

my friend had same situation , even though he had code 3 , at ASC they took only Finger prints . he went again after 3 weeks to give biometric . but its was before his i485 approval . in your case i suggest you to go for PP stamping

gc@vsc said:
Hi Reachsky,

my friend had same situation , even though he had code 3 , at ASC they took only Finger prints . he went again after 3 weeks to give biometric . but its was before his i485 approval . in your case i suggest you to go for PP stamping

gc@vsc,

Thanks a lot for your detail explanations. Now, I understand why the messages are different. I asked the ASC staff why they do not take my picture while I took FP, the staff told me that finger print alone is enough. Don't need to take Pic. I am wondering how your friend can go back to have biometric done. He should have submitted the orig. FP notice. Without the orig. FP notice, how he can go back?

I will take your advice to make info pass appointment and have my PP stamped.
Is PP stamping an interview or just a simple FP and Picture taken procedure?
The physical approval notice ask me to bring I-94, I have quite a few I-94s after I came to US. F-1, OPT, H1-Bs, etc. Which one I should bring with me to PP stamping? Thank you very much!

reachsky

WantGCIn2005 said:
Thanks for posting the details. That is strange that they didnot take picture and digital signature, anyways, can you take an infopass appt and go for stamping?
Why do you worry abt the message when you already got the approval??
Indeed that was very fast, ofcourse it was EB1.

WantGCIn2005,
Actually, it is God's mercy. My approval is much faster than the processing date listed in USCIS site. I almost run out of my H1-B and will be in "Danger" if I do not get my GC soon. My company has not sponsored my petition yet due to the lengthy procedure and strange rule. I have no other way to go so I self petition.

Good luck to your GC process.

reachsky