I-485......Approved

RD02

Registered Users (C)
After 31 months of long waiting......received the email from USCIS.
This case has been approved. On August 19, 2004 , an approval notice was mailed. Message has changed to approved for both wife and myself. For my son, it shows that receipt number not found. LUD changed from 02/19/2004 to 08/19/2004. Here are my details --
RD Jan'02
ND Jan'02
FP1 May'03
RFE July'03
RFE response recvd by USCIS Aug'03
FP2 Jan'04
AD Aug'04

3 EAD's. Was getting ready for the 4th.

Did few status inquiries. Got twice reply from USCIS that case is pending review and due to manpower shortage , there is delay. Contatcted senator in April'04. Only reply I got from them was case is pending and there no more information at this point to share.

Thanks to Mr Rajiv for this beautifull site and all of you who participate and share information on this site. This site has been very helpfull.

At last all the frustration and waiting is over for me.

Good luck to all of you.

RD02

Stamping Experience at Newark

Thanks to all of you.

Wife and myself got our passport stamped at Newark on Wednesday.
Reached 970 Broad street , Newark at 7 AM. There were more than 150 people already in line. Went inside the building at 8 AM. Gave all the documents (passport, I-94, EAD's, AP, approval notice), lady at the window took our index finger print and signature on a form and gave all the documents stapled together with a white slip with a sequence number on it and asked us to wait for the number to be called. Once the number was called, the lady at the window took all documents, gave only our passport back and asked us to wait again for our number to be called. Finally our number was called and lady took the white slip, congratulated us, stamped our passport and told that we should receive the plastic cards within 6 months time. Came out at 12 PM with our passport stamped.

For my son they checked in system and told that cards have already been ordered for him so they will not stamp the passport.

Few things to remember for the people who will be going for passport stamping. Side face photographs are no more accepted though the approval letter say so. They are ONLY accepting front face photographs effective Septembe 1st 2004. Secondly ladies should not have photograph with ear rings, necklace or chains. They are not accepting those photographs. We had front face photographs but my wife had to get the new photograph from a near by studio again.

Good luck to all of you waiting.

RD02