I-485 approved without RFE for the Company name change !!!

balli_te_galli

Our I-485 Cases at VSC have been approved with the following detail :-

- PD last week of July, 98
- RD second week of Aug, 99
- ND 09/14/99
- EAC99-265-xxxxx
- FP 08/04/00 ( FP did one day before the scheduled date on the FP Notice )
- EB2 Regular / INDIA
- I-485 approved 12/18/00
- Passport stamped 12/27/00
- Now, waiting for the plastic card.

- Company name changed in the past but my I-140 approval had the new company name only so there was no RFE at all. ( I-140 applied 3rd week of Dec 98/approved 2nd week of Feb 99 )

- Called IIO once on 10/30/00 to take care of two different A#s assigned to both of us. My I-485 receipt had the wrong A# ( as per IIO, it was belonging to some other applicant !!!? ) and the one on my FP notice was the correct one for my case. IIO consolidated both the A# and assigned my I-485 to one A# ( the correct one on my FP notice ). My wife had also been assigned two different A#s but as per IIO, both of these A#s belonged to her only. IIO assigned her I-485 case also to the correct A# on her FP notice. When I called IIO, our conversation started by her asking my A# ( instead of asking the I-485 receipt number first ) and my name & address. When I gave her the A# on my I-485 receipt, she immediately responded that this does not belong to me. I told her that I also suspected the same and this is the reason I am calling. Then she asked my I-485 receipt number and the A# on my FP notice and told me that she will corrected this in my file later on.

- Both of us took EAD once at the time of applying I-485 but never used it and later on extended our H-1 & H-4 to maintain our nonimmigrant status.

Passport Stamping Experience in Atlanta :-
================================
Went early to the local INS office in donwtown at around 5:45 am. There is a parking lot opposite to the INS building which is run by a nice Chinese guy and normally opens well before 6:00 am. This is a small and open ( no barrier or gate ) parking lot and the charge is $5.00. Left my wife and the kid in the car and formed the line outside the INS building. It was a bit cold outside and the temperature was near freezing point. I was 9th in the line. We carried two cell phones to communicate with each other. It helped us a lot. After security checks the security team allowed everybody to enter the building at around 6:10 am. ( We were in the impression that the building\'s door opens at 7:30 am, which is the scheduled opening time for this local INS office ). Inside the building, the reception counter opened at 7:30 am and we had been given the tickets and the instruction to go to room 111. In the room, as per the ticket numbers, we were 3rd and 4th to be served for the passport stamping. it took around 15 minutes for both of us to get the stampings done and giving the signature and the FP ( right hand\'s index finger only ) on the form I-551. Finally we were out of the building at around 8:30 am.
Both of us had been served by different Officers at the adjacent counters. The Officer serving me did not ask to submit the EAD card and told me that the Plastic GC will arrive within a year but my wife had been asked to submit the EAD card and she had been told that the plastic GC may arrive within 2 months. For EAD, she replied that she is not carrying it with her right now and as a matter of fact, she never used it and it has already expired sometime back. Then the officer did not say anything in this regard. ( As a matter of fact, we were not carrying our expired EAD Cards becuase the I-485 Approval Notice did not mention to carry it ). The officer serving me filled out my form I-551 right away but the officer serving my wife kept it aside to fill out later on. ( So, we had two different experiences but overall, it was good. ).

Hope all this information would help you folks waiting our there.

Good luck to all of you and thanks to everybody on this board for sharing their views and experiences. Wishing you all

No Title

Congrats! I\'ve added your info to the VSC Tracker @ ImmiTracker.com.

Was wondering whether I could add your personal experience to the InfoCenter @ ImmiTracker.com?