I-485 Approved without I-140 and FPs

airman

Registered Users (C)
I have received email from CRIS "welcome new permanent resident blah...blah" after 9 months of silence. Interesting thing that although I submitted all papers together (i-485, i-140, EAD, AP) nothing was ever approved since filed. I haven't even got a fingerprint notice. How's that possible? Oh, and that's NSC, of course.

congratulation dude..but its a mistake for sure. Now, do you want to report or they will notify about the mistake is your choice. Although I like you saying "welcome new permanent resident blah...blah" after 9 months of silence..:)

congratulation dude..but its a mistake for sure. Now, do you want to report or they will notify about the mistake is your choice.
Thanks, but if it's a mistake then nothing to be happy about. I'll wait for the welcome mail to see what it sais. It may have instructions about fingerprints or whatever...

It might be possible.

Thanks, but if it's a mistake then nothing to be happy about. I'll wait for the welcome mail to see what it sais. It may have instructions about fingerprints or whatever...

Hi, Were you using concurrent filing?
M situaion is like you but im at TSC and I did take FP though.
The only thing is I never receive 140 approval notice. but i got my GC for more than 6 months already. i also went aboard once and come back no problem so i think they just didnt update correctly. but as for you, withouth FP , i dont know how they do name check??

Strange that NSC never issued you a Fingerprint notice....9 months is long .... then again....NSC!! Good luck.

Hi, Were you using concurrent filing?
M situaion is like you but im at TSC and I did take FP though.
The only thing is I never receive 140 approval notice. but i got my GC for more than 6 months already. i also went aboard once and come back no problem so i think they just didnt update correctly. but as for you, withouth FP , i dont know how they do name check??

Yes, concurrent. We'll see, I scheduled appointment with imm officer in local office tomorrow.

Well, it appeared to be a royal srew up from both my employer and the law firm. All three LIN numbers (I-485 for me and wife, plus I-140) are for different people. Immigration officer was not able to find me in the system. Boy, they tried hard, using last name, first name, SSN, DL, company name. Nope, there's no traces of my case in USCIS database. It has never been submitted, and my company has no proof it was. They never found receipts and lawyer they used to prepare our immigration cases left the law firm and that firm has no records of the case. So here we go, lost more than one year since getting LC, need to start all over. Thank you, dear employer and careful lawyer!

Wow, I am really sorry to hear this. I can feel your pain.

Well, it appeared to be a royal srew up from both my employer and the law firm. All three LIN numbers (I-485 for me and wife, plus I-140) are for different people. Immigration officer was not able to find me in the system. Boy, they tried hard, using last name, first name, SSN, DL, company name. Nope, there's no traces of my case in USCIS database. It has never been submitted, and my company has no proof it was. They never found receipts and lawyer they used to prepare our immigration cases left the law firm and that firm has no records of the case. So here we go, lost more than one year since getting LC, need to start all over. Thank you, dear employer and careful lawyer!