I-485 approved without FP!!!

nickearth

Registered Users (C)
Hi Everybody,

My I-485 (filed in Jan 2004, approved in August 1st week 2004) has been approved without FP along with I-140 in 7 months. I have also received my I-485 approval notice.

Instruction in I-485:
"Your application for permanent resident status has been approved. Please take this notice, your Arrival/Departure Record, Form I-94, your passport, and two ADIT style color photos meeting the specifications listed below, to the local INS office below to have your fingerprint and signature taken on Form I-89, and otherwise complete processing for your Alien Registration Card..."

I talked with my lawyer this morning and he mentioned that it is mistake from INS office and it is up to me to inform them or not.

Should I go local INS office and tell them about FP or pretend not knowing any thing on FP unless they ask?

My wife's case is still showing in process. Should I take my wife alogn with me?

I'll appreciate your help. Thank you in advance for your comments and suggessions.

As I know, you are not the first one got approved without FP. So do some search on this Forum, and see how the other people handled this situation.

GAROL said:
As I know, you are not the first one got approved without FP. So do some search on this Forum, and see how the other people handled this situation.

Garol,
Could you please tell me which forum you found the similar case so it will help me to search? Thanks.

I 485 letter is self explantory

Your I 485 letter says to have FP.
I don't see any problem now or there is no need to inform INS.

I 485 approved without I 140 approval

Your I 485 letter is self explantory. It says to have FP.

I have not got confirm news from the guy but first hand news is his I 485 approved (and stamped) without I 140 approval (concurrent).

So everything is possible for USCIS.

Lakshya said:
Your I 485 letter says to have FP.

This FP (on I-89) is different from FP taken for FBI. FBI FP is for all 10 finger-tips + two palm-prints. Where I-89 is only for right hand index finger-tip (for the purpose of plastic GC).

I got query on my I-485 without FP

Hi there!
I think Vermont processign center doesn't seem to send out the FP notices anymore. My I-140 was approved on 07/26 and I never received even one FP notice.

And on 08/03 I received query for my I-485 on my medicals.I replied back and waiting now.

From what I am hearing most processign centers are doing this.My friend in Califoria center also got approval before he did his FP.

So dont worry! You are lucky I say.

Destiny