I-485 Approved & what is the best time to leave the company

sbba

Registered Users (C)
My I-485 got approved ,My question is what is the best time to leave the present company?.

Is there any problem If I leave the company with in 2weeks from my approval date?

Does my present employer can able to revoke my Green Card ?.

EB2
Labour PD : June'30-2003
I-140/I-485 RD June-04
I-485 Approved Sep'16-05

Thanks

Technically he can if you leave right away and it can be considered as fraud as gc is for future employment and you are supposed to be with the employer after it has been approved or at least show the intent to be with the employer after approval but I dont think there will be any problem at all lot of people have done it. But if you are highly conservative u might wanna stay for a few months.

people say that it would be a good idea to stay with the current company for 6 months.
They say it will be useful while applying for citizenship.

If my employer laidoff me 2 months after my green card is approved, will my green card have any risk of being revoked and will it have any negtive effect on future citizenship application?

Thanks.

jingc said:
If my employer laidoff me 2 months after my green card is approved, will my green card have any risk of being revoked and will it have any negtive effect on future citizenship application?

Thanks.
No issue if you are laid off.
BTW, this topic has been discussed over and over again in this forum, just seach for it and you will find more than enough information.

Congrats sbba.
I have been asking myself the same question. One of the things that really drive me nuts in all this, is that after getting the I-485 rumours are that you are supposed to hang around with same employer for 6 months. Insane.
Well, I called USCIS and asked about this. Tell told me that there is no requirement when you can leave employer. If you read Rajiv post on this, it is kind of recommended that you if you stay with employer for a while before taking off.

sbba said:
My I-485 got approved ,My question is what is the best time to leave the present company?.

Is there any problem If I leave the company with in 2weeks from my approval date?

Does my present employer can able to revoke my Green Card ?.

EB2
Labour PD : June'30-2003
I-140/I-485 RD June-04
I-485 Approved Sep'16-05

Thanks