I-485 approved, WAC-01-296, 3 days after reFingerprinting!!!

cmjorn

Registered Users (C)
Finally aproved, WAC-01-296-

Notice date - September 27, 2001

My wife's(Primary applicant) case was finally approved on April 18th 2003, exactly 3 days after her re-Fingerprinting. No RFE, other than the re-fingerprinting. Received her I-485 approval notice by mail today. Checked online and AVM status and they both say "This case has been approved. On April 18, 2003, an approval notice was mailed."

Fingerprinting - We both went and did our fingerprinting in December 2001. BCIS received the fingerprint results in January 2002.

My case(dependent) was approved in June 2002.

Starting August 2002, lawyer's office, Senator's office and my wife contacted CSC many times, to inquire about her I-485, to no avail. Below are some of the responses given by CSC. They range from the utter BS to the absolutely ridiculous.

1) Aug 2002 - "We are currently processing cases with dates of August 1, 2001 and prior. The spouse's case somehow joined a faster group with fewer cases."
2) Sep 2002 - "The case is being processed. We will notify you as soon as a decision is made. The maximum processing time is 999 days. Both your cases have been separated and that is the reason why your husband got approved before you did."
3) Jan 2003 - "Case still pending. All I-485 files are still on freeze and that will be the case for another 10 days. Please check again in 10 working days."
4) Feb 2003 - "All I-485 cases are still on hold until further notice. However your case is up for final review and is on line to go to the workstation. It should be about 4 weeks from now."
5) Feb 2003 - "Your case has been reviewed and everything seems to be in order. It has been assigned to an officer on Feb 26, 2003."
6) Mar 2003 - "We are currently processing cases with dates of November 16, 2001 and prior. It will be at least another 2 months before your case is assigned to an officer as it has a notice date of September 2001."

She applied for second EAD in August 2002, since her first EAD was expiring in December 2002.

First interim EAD - Went to the local BCIS ofice in December, 2002. 1 week later, received iEAD at local BCIS office, valid for 4 months until first week of April 2003.

Second interim EAD - Went to local BCIS office on March 27. They said they normally don't issue second iEAD. Local BCIS office was extremely upset at CSC for not having issued her EAD yet and tried to contact CSC. As there was no response from CSC that day, the local BCIS office sent her back with the promise that they would call when they hear back from CSC. On March 31 she went back to the local BCIS office. My wife, her laywer's office, the local Senator's office and the local BCIS office all individually contacted CSC on the same day inquiring about her EAD and I-485 status. The response was the same standard "EAD will be processed in 1-2 weeks, 485 will be adjudicated soon". Local BCIS office sends her back again, promising to call her soon. Same day, lawyer's office calls us to inform us that someone from CSC called them back to inform that her file has been handed over to adjudicating officer. She came home and checked online status of her EAD: EAD APPROVED. Few days later local BCIS office calls her and asks her to come pick up the iEAD. She went and picked up iEAD on April 7, 2003. Two days later her EAD arrives by mail from CSC.

She received a re-fingerpinting notice on April 12. She went and completed re-fingerprinting on April 15, 2003(was scheduled for May 6, 2003).

i'm 2nd - boy - you guys have been through the mill - congrats - I've never heard of a dependent getting it before - I though the application was one and the same - congrats again

Unbelievable! A spouse of a primary applicant is approved before the primary applicant? That is pure nonsense.

Look at our northern neighbor, for example (that's Canada, for dense people :)). A spouse of a primary applicant can not land before the primary applicant has landed. Now that what I call a rigid and strict, but perfectly logical procedure.

congratulations!
I'm not quite sure, did second FP reach BCIS office or they just ignored it at approval...

Originally posted by pceefan
congrats:

can u tell me how u managed to get the local senator's office involved,

great show !

pceefan,

My wife's boss knows the local Senator personally. The Senator's office got involved in her case starting September 2002. However, in my personal opinion CSC was giving his office the same run-around and BS that they give everyone else. It was probably the 4 calls made to the CSC on March 31, 2003, (by my wife, lawyer's office, Senator's office and by the local BCIS office) that did the needful. I'm not sure, strange are the ways in which the CSC works.

Also, in the third week of March, the Senator's office sent an email to CSC, inquiring on the status of the I-485. The response to that email was that they(CSC) need to do a formal inquiry, hence to start the inquiry they needed a formal letter from the Senator's office, which was sent out to CSC the same day. The Senator's office never heard from them again.

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally posted by ND022202
did second FP reach BCIS office or they just ignored it at approval...

I am also curious about this. Is it then, on the very day of the finger printing all the FBI and BCIS databases get updated with the result. May be, they have a very advanced system in place now (15 months have passed in the mean time). Or, this one could be a very special case. They got the senator involved in the approval process. This is something not all of us can do. No kidding !!!

cmjorn,

Congratulations!!! Finally good to see some approvals... esp... WAC-01-296, coz my WAC is 01-296 as well. I got a notice from INS to get FP done again, and have an appointment on May 10th. Can I go earlier that that? Please let me know. Did you just walk in for FP to be redone?