I-485 Approved!!! TSC is doing great!

dabu

Registered Users (C)
Finally it's my day. Thanks God so much for His blessing!
See my detailed info in my signature.

I want to thank all of you cool guys on the forum for your precious information sharing! You guys good luck for your long journey. It looks like TSC is doing great! Be patient and pray. You will get there. My journey took me almost 5 years for 3 times trial to GC and finally we reach here.

Just one small trick: We just changed our address today and after 2 hours we got the LUD notice about our (me and my wife) approval. At the time we inquiried our address change, the rep still told us our case was pending. Now we don't know where the approval notice and card will be mailed. Old or new address? I guess I will have to hijack my mails in front of my old mailbox.

God bless you! My friends! Dabu out.

Last edited by a moderator:
Congratulations! Enjoy your freedom!

Eb3 India Sept. 2002,
I140/I485 Oct. 8 , 2004
I140 approved = Feb. 18, 2005
I485 approved date == ???????? LUD changed May4, 2005 after FP, Lud changed July 1, 2005, July 5,2005.
FP = May3, 2005 (code 3)
EAD1 RD = Oct. 8,2004 Approved November 10,2004
AP1 RD = Oct. 8,2004 Approved November 16,2004
EAD2 RD = Sep. 1,2005 Approved September 8,2005
AP2 RD = Sep. 1,2005 Approved September 9,2005
EAD3 RD = Aug. 2,2005 Approved August 28,2006
AP3 RD = Aug. 2,2005 Approved August 19,2006

Change-of-address needs 30 days to update???

dabu said:
Just one small trick: We just changed our address today and after 2 hours we got the LUD notice about our (me and my wife) approval. At the time we inquiried our address change, the rep still told us our case was pending. Now we don't know where the approval notice and card will be mailed. Old or new address? I guess I will have to hijack my mails in front of my old mailbox.

Just got my I-485 approval notice - in my old mailbox. Even if I called one week ago to change my address. The USCIS said that even if we changed our address by calling (not AR-11), they will need "30 days" to update my address. 30 days!? I will check my old mailbox everyday for my card. :eek:

Change of address

Just got my I-485 approval notice emails (Sept 20 2006) . I have changed the address on 12th Sept 2006 by calling USCIS. USCIS told me the same thing that it needs 30 days to update the address.
According to you,it seems like I will get my approval notice on my old address. What about the actual card, what will happen to that?

Accoding to my lawyer, The actual card letter will not be forwarded to my new address instead it will send it back by USPS. What a mess, I was staying on that address for last five year?

dabu said:
Just got my I-485 approval notice - in my old mailbox. Even if I called one week ago to change my address. The USCIS said that even if we changed our address by calling (not AR-11), they will need "30 days" to update my address. 30 days!? I will check my old mailbox everyday for my card. :eek:

Need to hijack from your OLD address

I got my I-485 approval notice AND green card all from my OLD address. I was blessed enough to think of duplicating my old apt mailbox key and check my mails from the old mailbox EVERYDAY. That's what you can do. Otherwise, you will have to rely on USPS's change-of-address. But one week passed the USPS still doesn't send my mails to my new address. Just be VERY VERY alert! It's your last step.

Name check

Just to share with you about my observation.
I had a LUD on 9/13 for my I-485. From then, nothing happened at all.
I start to observe other I-485 applications with the same RD as mine.
Then I noticed that two or three of them are approved during August and September. I started to guess that if my name check was cleared before 9/13, then my case could have been approved on 9/14. Maybe some officer looked at my case (PD is current) and found that the name check hasn't been cleared.
After reading so many related articles about name check, I started to think that so many other people has been waiting for their name check cleared for a long time. I just wait for two months, it's not that bad. And the worst of the thing is, we cannot almost do anything to expedite the FBI name check process, especially when it is just two months. My case is not like already waited for more than 6 months or years or there is a convincing reason like financial reasons, but isn't it too late when we waited for a long time and then start to initiate all kinds of ways to push the name check process?
Just a feeling and a few thoughts.

FBI name check

phc said:
... I started to guess that if my name check was cleared before 9/13, then my case could have been approved on 9/14. Maybe some officer looked at my case (PD is current) and found that the name check hasn't been cleared.
After reading so many related articles about name check, I started to think that so many other people has been waiting for their name check cleared for a long time. I just wait for two months, it's not that bad. And the worst of the thing is, we cannot almost do anything to expedite the FBI name check process, especially when it is just two months. My case is not like already waited for more than 6 months or years or there is a convincing reason like financial reasons, but isn't it too late when we waited for a long time and then start to initiate all kinds of ways to push the name check process?
Just a feeling and a few thoughts.

Some people are lucky and some of us are not :mad:

FBI Name Checks—FBI name checks are also required for many applications. The FBI name check is totally different from the FBI fingerprint check. The records maintained in the FBI name check process consist of administrative, applicant, criminal, personnel and other files compiled by law enforcement. Initial responses to this check generally take about two weeks. In about 80 percent of the cases, no match is found. Of the remaining 20 percent, most are resolved within six months. Less than one percent of cases subject to an FBI name check remain pending longer than six months. Some of these cases involve complex, highly sensitive information and cannot be resolved quickly. Even after FBI has provided an initial response to USCIS concerning a match, the name check is not complete until full information is obtained and eligibility issues arising from it are resolved.

andy

Congratulation dabu,

Enjoy your freedom and keep hope and faith , and pray also for everybody here on this forum !!! ;)

phc said:
I had a LUD on 9/13 for my I-485. From then, nothing happened at all.

For just two months, you don't get a clue for what'll be happening. It may not be the name check issue. I saw someone having LUD just because of the mass LUD chain. It looks like you have many LUDs on I-485. I only had a few. FP related LUD was my last one before GC. Buddy, be a little bit patience. Wait for a while and call TSC to ask for name check status. If you are lucky you may get it.

Card Received

I have received my card and approval letter together.Both letters were forwarded to my new address..

MROCK said:
Just got my I-485 approval notice emails (Sept 20 2006) . I have changed the address on 12th Sept 2006 by calling USCIS. USCIS told me the same thing that it needs 30 days to update the address.
According to you,it seems like I will get my approval notice on my old address. What about the actual card, what will happen to that?

Accoding to my lawyer, The actual card letter will not be forwarded to my new address instead it will send it back by USPS. What a mess, I was staying on that address for last five year?