I-485 approved today on 26th Jan

Vikram_khatri

Registered Users (C)
Few days back I wrote a C# program based upon perl program that I saw in this forum and it proved to be lucky to notify me the approval of case today. The program is attached and if you have .Net framework installed on your computer then you too can use it.

My I-485, wife and daughter case was approved today and I think approval will come for my other daughter as well in couple of days.

It was exactly 6 years ago when I landed in this country on the occasion of gantantra divas.

My case was EB2 under exceptional ability and no labor was done.

SRC 01170 series.

RD 4/2001
ND 5/2001
FP 4/2003
RFE 12/2003

Approval - today on 26th Jan.

I wish you all the best for every body and hope that you too get your dream come true sooner.

Thanks

;) ;) ;) ;)

Vikram_khatri,

Congrats!
Questions: what date did you get RFE? After you sent in RFE, what and when your online status was changed to?

I got RFE 1/12/04, and sent in documents about 10 days ago(on maintaining status in US) but my online status has not changed yet.

Thanks!

Congrats!

Vikram_khatri, I also would like to know about ur RFE as my wife and I both just got RFEs... Can you please let us know? Thanks!

King1999, is your RFE regarding to the proof of your valid status since your arrival to US? We just received ours today. Mine is about myvalid status ever since my arrival all the way to before I got my H1's. For my wife, they ask for the proof of her valid status from her arrival to when we filed the I485. I believe we provided our I94's and OPT EAD's at that time, but I guess they are looking for our I20's... :rolleyes: I will send the proofs to my lawyer tomorrow and hopefully he can respond to TSC this week...

Last edited by a moderator:
I got RFE on 6th December. There were following questions.

1. Employment letter and future employment letter (See the difference). The letter from employer need to say explicitely that company intend to keep you even after your case is approved.

2. Proof of date of birth for all 4 of us and english translation of birth certificate. The english translation quote from a certified translator for all 4 of us was $300 and I finally got it done from my native place through a notary on Rs 10 stamp paper.

3. New medical exam for daugthers as they were under 14 when case was filed.

My lazy attorney took time to send the documents and they were received by INS on 7th Jan and case was approved yesterday i.e. 26th Jan.

I hope this information helps you.

Best of luck for all of you.

King1999 & freemind

Me and my wife got the same RFE they ask for initial entry and continued status proof and they also ask two set photos from both of us.

RFE issued on Dec 16 and I replied last week since I was out of the country and came back Jan 11, 04.

Do you guys also have officer # 450 issued those RFE?. and also does online status change for I-485 after replying the RFE. ?

Here is my email address, if you guys want to discuss offline

Khawajab@hotmail.com

I-485
ND 5/14/01

Last edited by a moderator:
Good luck

Hope you get the approval soon!

Curious what document you provided to prove the continued status. Anything else other then visa and I-94?

luckymonkey

Re: King1999 & freemind

I didn't see the RFE. It was replied by my attorney with I-94s and old I-20s and a full copy of passports etc. No additional photos reqested. I don't know the officer #.

Originally posted by 2001Case
Me and my wife got the same RFE they ask for initial entry and continued status proof and they also ask two set photos from both of us.

RFE issued on Dec 16 and I replied last week since I was out of the country and came back Jan 11, 04.

Do you guys also have officer # 450 issued those RFE?. and also does online status change for I-485 after replying the RFE. ?

Here is my email address, if you guys want to discuss offline

Khawajab@hotmail.com

I-485
ND 5/14/01

Re: Re: King1999 & freemind

Same thing with me. My lawyer asked us to send him the I-94s, I-20s and a copy of our OPT cards. I don't know about the officer number.

Originally posted by king1999
I didn't see the RFE. It was replied by my attorney with I-94s and old I-20s and a full copy of passports etc. No additional photos reqested. I don't know the officer #.

Are we supposed to keep copy of all the I94 to prove the status? Is this the only way to prove status -
What happens if I do not have copy of the past I94 -will it be a big problem?

Gurus any thought. . .