I-485 Approved.... Received welcome E-Mail

GC_India75

Registered Users (C)
PD : 09/2002 , EB3 India
I485 filed : 04/28/2004
Fingerprints done: 4 times
AC- 21 portability (Job changed): 05/2006
EAD extensions: 4 times

Happy to share that Me and my wife received an Email yesterday from CRIS saying we are registered as permanat residents. That means we are thinking that Approval is done.

But when i saw other posts they are saying that they received an email saying that "Card production ordered" . I am confused why each person is getting different message in the email when application is approved from CRIS.

Is there any difference in those messages or all the same??

Here is the message I received in mail,

Application Type: I485, APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS

Current Status: Notice mailed welcoming the new permanent resident.
On June 23, 2007, we mailed you a notice that we had registered this customer's new permanent resident status. Please follow any instructions on the notice. Your new permanent resident card should be mailed within 60 days following this registration or after you complete any ADIT processing referred to in the welcome notice, whichever is later. If you move before you get your new card call customer service. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register.

Same situation

I got the same email two days ago. I haven't received anything by mail yet but I am impatiently waiting. I guess we will know only after we open the letter what exactly it means.

Two of my colleagues got their GC cards (June 19th approval date) by mail. I am guessing at this time that we (my wife has the same email sent) will not be getting our cards by mail but instead be required to go to local office to get passport stamping and will have to submit photos. After that we will get cards within 60 days. I think our photos are outdated on their files and they need fresh ones to put on the cards. I am just guessing here so I could be way off. ;) :p

Will keep you posted.

PD: Oct 2001
EB3/RIR/NSC
485 RD: July 2003
India

Thanks Sandyboy44!!

It could be the same. May be they need to take finger prints too, but let's wait and see. Please keep me posted once you see your letter.

GC approved

Dear friends, I got similar email from NSC for my family stating "On June 26, 2007, we mailed you a notice that we had registered this customer's new permanent resident status. Please follow any instructions on the notice. Your new permanent resident card should be mailed within 60 days following this registration or after you complete any ADIT processing referred to in the welcome notice, whichever is later. If you move before you get your new card call customer service"

I am planning to leave to india this week end and my family is already in india. How long does it take me to receive the letter? Also, if they schedule a appointment with welcome package, what is the time frame NSC give for interview?

Can you give some advise whther i can go to india or do i need to cancel my trip?

PD: May 2003
I485 RD: Nov 2003
3 EAD & AP
6 RFE's
2 AC21
I140 revoked on September 2005

Advance thats for your kind help.

Thanks Sandyboy44!!

It could be the same. May be they need to take finger prints too, but let's wait and see.

Also We are guessing we didn't file our 485 Online this year. We just filled and sent them to NSC and got approval. Usually people who filed online will go to Local office and give their fingerprints before they get their cards. So, they may want to finger prints. Did you file EAD online recently???

Please keep me posted once you see your letter.

EAD filed through lawyer

I dont know if my lawyer filed my EAD online or not. I sent her all the paperwork and she took care of the rest. That was my 4th EAD renewal filed in April. Then I got call for FP also for the 4th time on June 8th even though status on website at that time was "FP Review completed".

So maybe they want new photos and new fingerprints now. That's ok knowing it is a relief that I will finally get my GC in a couple of months. The "tension and headache" part is over now only formalities are remaining. ;) ;)

Got Another Mail Today from CRIS

Just now i got one more mail today saying " Card production Ordered".

Application Type: I485 , APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS

Current Status: Card production ordered.

On June 25, 2007, we ordered production of your new card. Please allow 30 days for your card to be mailed to you. If we need something from you we will contact you. If you move before you receive the card, call customer service. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register.

If you have questions or concerns about your application or the case status results listed above, or if you have not received a decision from USCIS within the current processing time listed*, please contact USCIS Customer Service at (800) 375-5283.

Hey congrats GC_India75

That means it is done. You probably don't need a passport stamping. Most of my friends got their actual GC cards by mail around 10 days after they got the "card production ordered" email. Congratulations.

It's very very weired

I again received an email this evening saying that they sent my welcome notice on june 27th and the message looks similar to my first welcome mail.
What's going on??? Any Idea??? Is it some error in their email system???

My wife didn't receive any mails after the first one.

Do i need to call NSC or just Ignore those mails and wait for the notice???

Here is my latest mail again...

Application Type: I485 , APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS

On June 27, 2007, we mailed you a notice that we had registered this customer's new permanent resident status. Please follow any instructions on the notice. Your new permanent resident card should be mailed within 60 days following this registration or after you complete any ADIT processing referred to in the welcome notice, whichever is later. If you move before you get your new card call customer service. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register.

If you have questions or concerns about your application or the case status results listed above, or if you have not received a decision from USCIS within the current processing time listed*, please contact USCIS Customer Service at (800) 375-5283.

Got Approval Notice sent Email today

today again we( this time for both me and my wife) got an email saying approval notice sent. I hope this one is the last mail :)

When i called today INS, they told me Card is aready ordered. About getting multiple mails she told me, some times 2 different officers keep working on same case to finish certain formalities. That's why there may be a chance to receive multiple mails confusing us.

here is my latest message

Current Status: Approval notice sent.

On June 28, 2007, we mailed you a notice that we have approved this I485 APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS. Please follow any instructions on the notice. If you move before you receive the notice, call customer service.

Again, same situation here

I am getting the same two emails you have got but I haven't got the "card production ordered" email yet. So you are one step ahead :p of me.

I hope I will also be getting the "card production" email soon... keeping fingers crossed. So far only emails is what I got.. I am eagerly checking post.. but NOTHING... :mad:

Anyways, I am going on vacation next week just when the letter is arriving. So don't miss me too much :p ;) Do keep writing GCIndia_75 as I would want to know how soon you got your card. I seem to be trailing you.

Happy to see the Card

Hello Sandyboy44,

we ( Both me and my wife) got our cards along with Approval notice today. Very happy to see them.

I hope you are enjoying time-off from work. You will also see the cards may be by tomorrow.

All the best. Let us know once you cards arrived.

Congratulations GC_75

Me and my family also got physical green card yesterday July 2nd 2007.

PD 11/2002 Nebraska
LC approve 12/2003
I-140 Approved June 2004
I-485 Notice date 09/2004
FP 2004,2005,2006,again in 07/2007
RFE 08/2006
Approval notice 06/.28/2007
GC July 2007

I called USCIS helpline and I have to go for FP again next week though I got my GC

CONGRATULATION TO ALL THE NEW PERMANENT RESIDENTS of USA

RB

Congrats

Congratulations rb2000Rb65.

I am confused here. Why do you needs to go Fingerprints now??? Did you receive any letter along with approval letter saying you should do your FP again???

Yipee, hurrah, got the cards

So I am back from a one week vacation and was pleasantly delighted to get my cards by mail. I had a friend stop by to pick my mail everyday. I was expecting just the approval notice (since the email said that had been mailed) but my friend called me up (hey, I don't mind being called when I am on vacation if it is news like this :D ) and told me that he can feel the cards inside.

I just opened the mails and there they are...

Thanks everyone... and you too GC_India1975...

Approved GC Today..07/13 got welcome e-mail

Hi all,

I'm happy to post that myself and my wife's GC's Approved today and got welcome e-mail notice. This forum is very very helpful and I wish all the
other members good luck and they should get their approvals soon

EB3-India PD -10/2003
I-140 AD- 08/2005
I-485 RD - 02/2004
I-485 AD- 07/13/2007
FP1-06/2004
FP2-02/2007
4 EAD's & 4 AP's

email....>>>> Myself

On July 13, 2007, we mailed you a notice that we had registered this customer's
new permanent resident status. Please follow any instructions on the notice.
Your new permanent resident card should be mailed within 60 days following this
registration or after you complete any ADIT processing referred to in the
welcome notice, whichever is later. If you move before you get your new card
call customer service. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we
process your case. Just follow the link below to register.

email....>>>> MyWife

Application Type: I485 , APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO
ADJUST STATUS

Current Status: Card production ordered.

On July 13, 2007, we ordered production of your new card. Please allow 30 days
for your card to be mailed to you. If we need something from you we will contact
you. If you move before you receive the card, call customer service. You can
also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the
link below to register.

Last edited by a moderator:
How did you go about AC21 portability?

PD : 09/2002 , EB3 India
I485 filed : 04/28/2004
Fingerprints done: 4 times
AC- 21 portability (Job changed): 05/2006
EAD extensions: 4 times

Happy to share that Me and my wife received an Email yesterday from CRIS saying we are registered as permanat residents. That means we are thinking that Approval is done.

But when i saw other posts they are saying that they received an email saying that "Card production ordered" . I am confused why each person is getting different message in the email when application is approved from CRIS.

Is there any difference in those messages or all the same??

Here is the message I received in mail,

Application Type: I485, APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS

On June 23, 2007, we mailed you a notice that we had registered this customer's new permanent resident status. Please follow any instructions on the notice. Your new permanent resident card should be mailed within 60 days following this registration or after you complete any ADIT processing referred to in the welcome notice, whichever is later. If you move before you get your new card call customer service. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register.

Hello GC_India75,

Did you filing AC21 yourself, or was it through your lawyer? From where did you download the forms?What is the procedure? I am currently on a EAD waiting for namecheck to clear.My 6 year H1B expired in Oct 2005, and I have not got it renewed for 7th year, since that is wasting money.I guess I might as well start looking into AC21 portability.Please share your insights on this. Thanks.

PD Jan 2002/140 approved/I485 RD 7/2006/NCheck pending