I-485 Approved; Questions about stamping

TPS

Registered Users (C)
Guys,

My I-485 got approved last week with no RFE. Waiting for my wife approval.
But online status still says fingure prints recieved ........., both for mine and my wife.

My questions:
1. Currently i'am staying temporarly in Miami, FL on a project but got appoint ment in SFO, CA. Can i go for GC stamping in Miami local office??
2. If Yes, can i ask the officiers in Miami, FL local office to send the Plastic card to my permanent address in CA.

Thanks
TPS

TPS said:
My questions:
1. Currently i'am staying temporarly in Miami, FL on a project but got appoint ment in SFO, CA. Can i go for GC stamping in Miami local office??
2. If Yes, can i ask the officiers in Miami, FL local office to send the Plastic card to my permanent address in CA.

Like all dealings with the USCIS, there is no official policy or consistency regarding questions such as yours. So,

1) Maybe. The only thing you can do is go in and try, by explaining your situation. I think Miami is one of the few pilot INFOPASS centres (?) so maybe make an appointment through the Web.

2) The Officer will always confirm where you want your card sent.

Hope this helps, wik.

wik said:
Like all dealings with the USCIS, there is no official policy or consistency regarding questions such as yours. So,

1) Maybe. The only thing you can do is go in and try, by explaining your situation. I think Miami is one of the few pilot INFOPASS centres (?) so maybe make an appointment through the Web.

2) The Officer will always confirm where you want your card sent.

Hope this helps, wik.

Just to be in safe side, take a copy of AR-11 and the receipt of certified mail (if you filed at all) that shows your Miami address.

TPS said:
Guys,

My I-485 got approved last week with no RFE. Waiting for my wife approval.
But online status still says fingure prints recieved ........., both for mine and my wife.

My questions:

Thanks
TPS

TPS,

Did your wife get the approval yet? The reason why i am asking is, my 485 got approved on 26th july but my wife's 485 is not approved yet. I did not received any notice though i have just checked my approval notice in the USCIS website. I am little bit worried as of why my wife's 485 is not approved, is this normal, do u have any idea?

Thanks in advance....

octFiler.

octFiler said:
TPS,

Did your wife get the approval yet? The reason why i am asking is, my 485 got approved on 26th july but my wife's 485 is not approved yet. I did not received any notice though i have just checked my approval notice in the USCIS website. I am little bit worried as of why my wife's 485 is not approved, is this normal, do u have any idea?

Thanks in advance....

octFiler.

The funniest part is i'am not at all aware of my approval untill i got a email from my attorney and courtesy copy.
I'am still waiting for my wife approval.

Even now, the uscis web-site says fingure prints recieved....... for both mine and for wife.

TPS said:
How can i take appointment at SFO district office. Is there any number???

You do not need separate appointment. Go early (around 6 am) and stand in the line with your approval notice and other documents including ID at Washington Street. You will be allowed into building for security check at around 6:45 am. Good luck!

Guru's,

How long the approval notice is valid to get the PP stamping.

Is there any time frame that a person should get PP stamping after receiving the I-485 Approval Notice?

Quick Updates:

My Wife I-485 is Approved. Today, i recieved a email from USCIS about the approval.

The funniest part is, so far i have not received any email from USCIS about my approval rather i recieved both Courtesy( My Address ) and Original ( Attorney's Address ) Approval Notices.

Added to that, USCIS status show's my wife status as approval but mine still says fingure prints received..............

TPS said:
Guru's,

How long the approval notice is valid to get the PP stamping.

Is there any time frame that a person should get PP stamping after receiving the I-485 Approval Notice?
There is no time limit as such.

But your plastic card processing will start only after you got for the PP stamp ... so the sooner you go, the better ( in terms of getting the plastic card ).

Also you can go to any local office - my friend got approved in TX and she was working on a project in Oregon - got stamped in OR - no problems.

They always confirm your permanent address where you want the cards sent ( it can be any US address ).