I-485 Approved , Question on Passport stamping

vik_b

Registered Users (C)
Hey Guys,

I recently had my AOS interview and soon after I-130 and I485 were approved.
The message says that USCIS will be mailing me a new card (green card).

Now Do I have to go and get my passport stamp. Is it neccessary.

Any suggestion will be helpful.

DO office was baltimore.

Thanks

Vik_b

Hey,

I think they are going to mail me a permanent green card (My marriage to UC was over three at the time of interview)

But my question is:-

Do I have to go and get 1551 stamped on my passport after receiving the green card?

If you can provide some insight that would be helpful.

Thank you

VIK_B

vik_b said:
Hey,

I think they are going to mail me a permanent green card (My marriage to UC was over three at the time of interview)

Do I have to go and get 1551 stamped on my passport after receiving the green card?

Thank you

VIK_B

I-551 is needed if you have to travel outside the US before you get your plastic card. IF you have no plans to travel, you may as well wait for the plastic card to come in mail.

vik_b said:
Hey,

Thank you

VIK_B
I-551 stamp in your passport simply replaces your green card. You don't need it after getting your green card. However, you might need it before, if for some reason your plastic card is late.

ari4u said:
I-551 is needed if you have to travel outside the US before you get your plastic card. IF you have no plans to travel, you may as well wait for the plastic card to come in mail.
You're always one step ahead of me! :)

Vick_B

You said that you already went for your interview and that your DO was in Baltimore.

Could you please tell me what went on from the moment you set foot at the office to the moment they approved your I-485.
What did they ask you??
What documents did they ask from you
Was the Immigration officer male or female??
What was his/her demeanor???
Did you have a hard time at all??
How long did the interview take??

I am just curious because my interview is coming up soon and it will also be at the Baltimore office. I just need some good news to hold on to and not lose hope. Please let me know.

Hello Ledel,

You said that you already went for your interview and that your DO was in Baltimore.

VIK_B :
Thats correct.
Could you please tell me what went on from the moment you set foot at the office to the moment they approved your I-485.

VIK_B:
My interview was on October 18 2005. My I-130 was approved on October 18 2005 and I-485 was approved on Nov 2 2005. No stamping was done on passport. After the interview the officer said she has not made final decisoin but I would get a notification within 2 weeks to 9 months.

What did they ask you??
VIK_B:I and my wife were asked about each others birthday and place of birth. How did we met,where did we met.

What documents did they ask from you?

VIK_B:
Joint financial document.SSC cards,driving licences.
I had to give up my all but the latest EAD card to the immigration officer. I had to show advance parole document that I had used. We had to show her the marriage license, birth certificate for both of us and our passports. Joint mortagage papers and insurance policies.

Was the Immigration officer male or female??
VIK_B:
Immigration officer was a Lady.

What was his/her demeanor?
VIK_B:
Professional,efficient and courteous.

Did you have a hard time at all?
VIK_B:
No, but I was nervous.

How long did the interview take?
VIK_B:
About 20-25 minutes.

I am just curious because my interview is coming up soon and it will also be at the Baltimore office. I just need some good news to hold on to and not lose hope. Please let me know.

VIK_B: Best of luck.

Vik_B

I absolutely appreciate you responding to all my nervous questions..LOL
I feel so much better just knowing that you didnt have a hard time at all (even though I know situations vary). I hope all is as smooth for me as it was for you. Thanks for the Luck