I 485 Approved - Once Again

helper

I am posting this message again. I was checking my messages and found couple of replies and questions.

I got my I 485 approved. Here are the details:
ND: SEPTEMBER 15, 1999 (EAC 99 260 .....)
Category : EB2, India
PD: August 15th,1997
FP DONE : SEPTEMBER 4th 2000
APPROVAL ND for I485 : Jan 05,2001
NO RFE, NO INTERVIEW.
Got PASSPORT STAMPED AT BALTIMORE on Jan29th 2001.No question asked

Folks,

My employer is VA based. No change of address in the process. got my interview at Baltimore, MD since I used my attorney address ( a MD based attorney) for I 485 application ( because I travels a lot on projects). Also I changed my category from EB3 to EB2 due to huge backlog then on EB3 catgory.I also traveled on AP twice.

I will be happy to answer any more questions .
GOOD LUCK TO ALL.

NOTE # I ALSO RECEIVED MY PLASTIC CARD ON 2/22/01.

No Title

I am posting this message again. I was checking my messages and found couple of replies and questions.

I got my I 485 approved. Here are the details:
ND: SEPTEMBER 15, 1999 (EAC 99 260 .....)
Category : EB2, India
PD: August 15th,1997
FP DONE : SEPTEMBER 4th 2000
APPROVAL ND for I485 : Jan 05,2001
NO RFE, NO INTERVIEW.
Got PASSPORT STAMPED AT BALTIMORE on Jan29th 2001.No question asked

Folks,

My employer is VA based. No change of address in the process. got my interview at Baltimore, MD since I used my attorney address ( a MD based attorney) for I 485 application ( because I travels a lot on projects). Also I changed my category from EB3 to EB2 due to huge backlog then on EB3 catgory.I also traveled on AP twice.

I will be happy to answer any more questions .
GOOD LUCK TO ALL.

NOTE # I ALSO RECEIVED MY PLASTIC CARD ON 2/22/01.

No Title

Hello Helper

Can you tell me more about the change of category from EB3 to EB2 ?? I have also done the same but haven\'t received any notice from INS on
   amendment. I would like to know whether they send any notice after you amend 485 from EB3 to EB2. Please reply on this.

Thanks

No Title

Helper,

Did you receive any courtesy copies at your home address or was everything done through the laywer\'s office? My situation is opposite to yours: I live in MD, my laywer used to be in VA but now he moved to warmer places. He put his old firm address on all the forms and I am worried if I will be able to get any mail now.

No Title

Can you please let me know us the details about the EB3 to EB2 conversion procedure. After I filed EB-485 again i stated LC&I140 in EB2 category. I got the approval for I140 also. I sent new EB2 I140(amedment). Still i didnot not get any response from INS. I filed my 485 in Mar-2000. I sent my new 140 in Oct-2000.
I would appreciate your response

No Title

FOR EB3 to EB2 conversion, you have to do another LC + I 140. Once you got approved I 140 in EB2 category, you can do amendment to I 485 application. INS will not send you any amendment ( atleast in my case)notice, but they will process it under EB2 category with your old priority dates of EB3 .

I hope this will explain. Any question ,please let me know.

No Title

No, My company did not change the name during the process. Also no merger , no aquisition with my company.

No Title

You only need AP,EAD card,Passport.They just ask for AP only.

Just in case you want to carry more stuff
1) A letter from employer
2) I 485 Receipt notice.

BUT again all they need is AP and PASSPORT only.

No Title

Hi Thanks for your reply, and also tell me, My wife came on H4 and changed her status to H1, and we didn\'t go back after that to get H1 stamped for her, and we got now AP & EAD, is that matter just for info, hope we are safe as long as AP & EAD were valid while in travel right.. any comments..

No Title

You Just need AP plus Passport. Donot worry about H4 to H1 conversion. When you enter on Advance Parole, make sure to use EAD card for employment.
Once you use AP for travel, your H1 is no longer valid and your future employment is thru EAD. Also, when using EAD card just inform Human Resource with your present/future employer.You just have to fill out form I 9 with your employer . No big deal.