I-485 Approved in 4 Months

rpen

Registered Users (C)
Hello Folks,

This is the happiest day of my life (YET). I came to the office and logged on to my computer and could not believe what my eyes were seeing. I had emails indicating both my application and my spouse's application were approved. Our ND and RD for I-485 were Nov-1 2004. We had Finger printing on Nov 20, 2004. And it was approved Feb, 9, 2005.

I was dying for this approval because it will open up so many avenues for me now and I don't have to be stuck in any place. My application for I-140 was NIW, and I had a project with the US Navy for designing undersea weapons. I think that was what pushed the application pretty fast. But I did not have any letters from Navy, infact I had letters from Air Force telling that I was working closely with them for the past 5 years.

And by the way, 2 weeks back I contacted my local congressman, whom I met at a local charity event, and requested him to contact USCIS and check the status of my case. So they asked me to sign a release form and fax it to them. All I had to put on that form was my LIN number. But I went ahead and put a small paragraph stating how important this approval was for me considering the cutting edge research I do and how US would loose their advantage over the european counter parts if I was not given a chance to work closely with the Air Force and Navy Personnell. I also said that this I-485 application is just a paper work matter because my I-140 which had to prove my work was important was already approved in 6 months pointing out the importance of my work to the US Defense superiority.
They came back to me with a letter saying my case will take atleast 2 years because I just applied. Anyway, maybe they read the letter and figured out that the I-485 process is just a bureaucratic process. Because all of us waiting on I-485 are already here in the US (Well most of us), and we will be here after the approval, so if everything in the application is OK why not just give us the visa number and get done with it. We are all in the advanced research fields and like to contribute to this country in any way we could so that we can make some extra $$. So every one wins by granting faster approval. Anyway, you can see that I am very happy and cannot stop writing.

Oh by te way I also went to a famous temple in Pittsburg and prayed for something else but was granted the I-485. I figured I-485 will take about 2 more years so I will not bother the higher command with those issues but some how that proposal went up and it got approved. So for all you out there have faith and wait for your proposals to be approved. Don't loose hope you never know when it will be your turn to be happy.

Anyway, I thought by sharing my ideas on how to tackle the backlog would help others in getting their applications approved faster. I think we should just be creative and stand out from the rest of the applicants like any Job Application. Being a researcher my research at Immigration.com has paid off and my HATS OFF to all you experts here who give great information.

And my center was Nebraska Service Center.

GOOD LUCK FOR EVERYONE WAITING FOR THE APPROVALS.

Hi

I am in the same boat, i worked for four years in air force and now working for chicago police dept, but application is pending since 2 yr now i got query.

do u have any sugesstions.

This is the happiest day of my life (YET). I came to the office and logged on to my computer and could not believe what my eyes were seeing. I had emails indicating both my application and my spouse's application were approved. Our ND and RD for I-485 were Nov-1 2004. We had Finger printing on Nov 20, 2004. And it was approved Feb, 9, 2005.

I was dying for this approval because it will open up so many avenues for me now and I don't have to be stuck in any place. My application for I-140 was NIW, and I had a project with the US Navy for designing undersea weapons. I think that was what pushed the application pretty fast. But I did not have any letters from Navy, infact I had letters from Air Force telling that I was working closely with them for the past 5 years.

And by the way, 2 weeks back I contacted my local congressman, whom I met at a local charity event, and requested him to contact USCIS and check the status of my case. So they asked me to sign a release form and fax it to them. All I had to put on that form was my LIN number. But I went ahead and put a small paragraph stating how important this approval was for me considering the cutting edge research I do and how US would loose their advantage over the european counter parts if I was not given a chance to work closely with the Air Force and Navy Personnell. I also said that this I-485 application is just a paper work matter because my I-140 which had to prove my work was important was already approved in 6 months pointing out the importance of my work to the US Defense superiority.
They came back to me with a letter saying my case will take atleast 2 years because I just applied. Anyway, maybe they read the letter and figured out that the I-485 process is just a bureaucratic process. Because all of us waiting on I-485 are already here in the US (Well most of us), and we will be here after the approval, so if everything in the application is OK why not just give us the visa number and get done with it. We are all in the advanced research fields and like to contribute to this country in any way we could so that we can make some extra $$. So every one wins by granting faster approval. Anyway, you can see that I am very happy and cannot stop writing.

Oh by te way I also went to a famous temple in Pittsburg and prayed for something else but was granted the I-485. I figured I-485 will take about 2 more years so I will not bother the higher command with those issues but some how that proposal went up and it got approved. So for all you out there have faith and wait for your proposals to be approved. Don't loose hope you never know when it will be your turn to be happy.

Anyway, I thought by sharing my ideas on how to tackle the backlog would help others in getting their applications approved faster. I think we should just be creative and stand out from the rest of the applicants like any Job Application. Being a researcher my research at Immigration.com has paid off and my HATS OFF to all you experts here who give great information.

Congrats

Dear rpen

Congratulations on your approval. However with no intent to quell your enthusiasm on how we can stand out...I would like to let you know that your approval has come through so fast only because you are a NIW category. The kind of letter that you wrote to uscis....well I wrote an equally creative and articulate letter....however everbody knows THE US has nothing to lose by losing one employee. Most people in this forum have probably tried a lot of creative and unique ways to speed up their process.....but to no avail. Your category is not employment based so your suggestion of standing out and being creative won't work for most of us. Most of us here who are in the EB category probably design software or experiments......no under water weapons! So we have no choice but to wait...and wait.....and sure the approval would open a lot of avenues for all of us.....but the uscis gives nothin about it. So enjoy your freedom.

I am sorry if I have offended anyone. I was just trying to share my experiences. And I should have probably left this message in the NIW Forum even though it was a I-485 based info.

So what about this name check? Is it a bluff?

Congratulations! but it also raises this question: how can they finish your name check security check bla bla bla in such a quick time? As you are involved in sensitive work they should have taken more time to make sure that you are innocent. For rest of us who are not engaged in weapon development, remotely connected to national security, we are put into back burner for security check! They can't decide even in 2 years whether we are innocent or criminal?

Same fast approvals, name check security clearance bla bla also happens for the DV lottery winners, consular processing takers. It looks we who live in US, pay taxes every year, get checked every time we apply for H1B, EAD, AP, remain to be the prime suspects for all the crimes in this country. As if we are quickly allowed I-485 approvals through the same expedited name check, security check process as adopted for those lucky people like you, this country will be swamped with criminals.

This seems a deliberate evil design by this USCS assholes to make us suffer. But for what? May be people like you appear to them to be big dicks. We are here to write and agonize only.

congrats!

There are some rules for fast approvals on USCIS, a lawyer mentioned this before.
You always can ask congressmen ... or got letters from other sources , then let
USCIS to make decision on your case...

Congratulations on your speedy approval.

Others: Don't vent here -- its not like its the OP's fault that we're stuck :)

Just relax and take it easy !

btw, namecheck is not a bottleneck (per the congressional testimony) - a very high % of requests are done in very short time - its only gets delayed if your name gets a "HIT"

Whats OP?

99% of people here who are waiting here for more than 2 years have gotten a HIT? This is another standard bluff to hide incompetence and negligence.

Regarding venting, its legitimate to criticize. This USCIS is the worst of all the government agencies run by the dumbest assholes. They don't suffer. They can just say few bluff words to justify their wrongs but the lives on the other side are getting brutally screwed by their incomepetence. This is more applicable to NSC. Just look at how they are moving.

By the by whats OP?

max2k1 said:
Congratulations on your speedy approval.

Others: Don't vent here -- its not like its the OP's fault that we're stuck :)

Just relax and take it easy !

btw, namecheck is not a bottleneck (per the congressional testimony) - a very high % of requests are done in very short time - its only gets delayed if your name gets a "HIT"

Not really. My Namecheck was done in Jan 2003 and I am still waiting.. It has nothing to do with namecheck or something else... It is pure inefficiency at its best.

My congratulations to all who got approved..

Ooh..aaah.. congrats!!

Please share your educational background... You seem to be doing pretty nice work.

rpen said:
Hello Folks,