I-485 approved, I-140 was approved for CP

Sharad Annaldasula

Registered Users (C)
My wife, kid and myself I-485 have been approved on 02/12/2002. Heard on AVM yesterday night. Did not check AVM in the weekend, was a bit lazy. But yesterday when i heard it, i was very very happy. Thankyou GOD.

My I-140 was approved for CP (do not know why), but still we applied for AOS. My attorney has been saying all along that this does not affect anything. I had many arguments with him on this, but atlast he was right.

My details :

PD : 12/1999
EB2
Labor RIR : Sept 2000
I-140 approved for CP : Nov 2000
RD : 12/23/2000
ND : 01/05/2001
LIN-01-071-*****
FP : Jul 2001 in Detroit
AD : 02/12/2002

Called IIO 2 times in January first week. They told me that my case is not assigned and they were not ready to tell me anything else and asked me to contact my attorney for any questions. Did not call after that, only was checking AVM every weekend.

Shall post as soon as i get approval notice by mail.

Questions :
1. Who gets the approval notice, attorney or myself?
2. Do i have to go for stamping in weekdays or can i also go on a Saturday? I may have to go to Detroit for stamping.

This board is of tremendous help. Without this board all of us would be like blind people! Thankyou Rajeev and Mylador and all of you.

Wish you all Best of Luck for your approval. I hope all of you get approved soon by the grace of GOD.

Thank You hopeful_1. It gives some hope now. I know there are so many of us have I140 approved for C

NSC does not ask I140 file for all AOS cases. I do not know how they select the those cases. May be random. It is so frustrating.......

But, hey, so what!? Waited for 5 years. Couple of more months!

RD 12/19/2000, LIN-01-067-xxxxx....waiting....

You need to have approval notice (original sent directly to Lawyer or your copy)

Take approval notice either original or your copy and any AP and EAD cards.

INS is open for stamping only on Monday to Thursdays.

Hope this clarifies...

Thanks

You will get the courtsy copy within five days (by now you should have got)and main copy will go to your Lawyer. Take the main copy and go to INS Detroit office. They are not open on Weekends.

5thYearNSC & hopeful_1, Please answer...

5thYearNSC, could you please tell us on what information you are basing your statement that NSC does not check the I-140 files in all cases?

hopeful_1, I noticed that your I-140 was approved Nov 2000. By any chance, do you know if your lawyer received the Packet 3 or a letter from NVC that your file has been sent to Chennai (or any other consulate?

Thanks in advance.

NSC_Year6, Look at hopeful_1. In his case, NSC does not seem to have asked I140 from NVC/Consulate.

some case, NSC is waiting for files from Consulates.

Also, there is another note: If NSC does not get reply withing 60
days from NVC/Consualte, they should approve it according to their
own rules. But, they are not doing it. It could be 3 or 4 months
later they approve it if the mail sent by Consulate
did not reach the NSC. Even here, people put some pressure thru
Senator or congressman or thru lawyer.

Got Approval Notice today.

Myself and attorney got approval notices for all 3 of us.

I will be going to Cleveland INS on Thursday for stamping.

I hope i can go so early?

Thankyou.