I-485 approved following post 180 day move and RFE

M C-K

Registered Users (C)
I would like to share with you information regarding the approval of my I-485 petition.
Category: EB1
I-140
approved in two months (May 2001)
I-485
RD: Aug 2000
ND: Sept 2000
Moved to new job (Nebraska to Vermont area, academics to industry, similar job, very different [higher] pay)Aug 2001
Sent INS packet with letters of support of petition from old and new work places stating that the listed ODOT job classfication is the same, pay stubs from both places, reasons for finding new job , reasons for higher pay- ie., cost of living comparisons and copy of AC21 memo(september 2001)[as advised by Sheela Murthy\'s offices]
RFE for birth certificates, October 2001
RFE replied November 2001
I-485 approved January 2002
Passport stamped at Vermont area local INS, January 2002
(Spouse\'s petition also approved)
Hope this helps other people who are waiting for approval.
This site has been very helpful during my wait.
M C-K

No Title

You can post any questions here on this site- I will be happy to answer anything I can.
M C-K

When did you get your fiingerprint done?

I am in the same boat, but I haven\'t got my I-485 approved yet. Here is my details
RD&ND: June/00
1st ref. 07/01
2nd ref: 10/01
FP: 01/01

No Title

Fingerprints were done at Cleveland, OH, Feb 2001.
Hope your\'s gets approved very soon.

No Title

Hello M C_K,

You I-485 was approved by NSC. You got stamped at VSC. Did VSC local INS question you as to why you were getting stamped there rather than at a NSC local center or whether this was not a issue at all. My understanding is that VSC is issuing cards in 2-3 months while NSC is taking 1 to 1.5 years. So this would be also very helpful.
Thanks.

Did you work on EAD, or did you get a new H1 from the new employer?

What are the rules on this subject...if you know?

No Title

I worked on an EAD. My H1B was valid untill Feb 2002. Just before leaving my old job I got an EAD. EADs are valid for work without restriction and the company\'s lawyers thought it was OK for me to work on the EAD- actually they were a little hesitant about putting in an application for H1 , the thought being, it could disrupt the I-485 process (I do not completely agree with this - since these would be two different petitions).

No Title

As I have detailed previously, I sent NSC a packet giving my new address and explaining why I changed jobs etc. When my approval notice came in, it asked me to go to a particular VSC area office. So no questions asked and no problems. Yah, I hope my card comes in quickly. I was told to contact the local office if I do not receive the card within 5 months. Also I was told that my home postbox needed to have our full names on it, otherwise cards would not be left there.

congrats

Could you post the text of letters that you wrote to INS.

Where did you get the information that the job you switched to had the same job clasification?

Does switching from programmer analyst to software programmer is in same classification?

Need the documents

M C-K,

I am also in the same situation. I will be moving from springfield,il to Dallas,tx, I would like to know what are documents that I need to send to INS and also formats.

thanks

No Title

I sent the following:
Cover letter explaining why I changed jobs and that 180 day + were over following I-485 application and that job classification was same.
Letter of support for GC application from old and new boss and also from HR (old and new places). Letter from HR reiterates that job classification (ODOT) is same.
Pay stubs (old and new)
Explain change in pay (cost of living estimates - off the web)
Provided new address for contact
Copy of INS AC21 memo (off the web)
I do not know if there is any format for this.
Hope this helps

M C-K, Please Reply

On your original post, you mention the I-485 RD and ND. Were those RD and ND for NSC (and did you intend to state 2001 as opposed to 2000 since your I-140 was approved in May 2001)? Also, when you switched to the new place in Aug 2000, was it just based on an I-140 self petition or had you received and EAD by then. Did you have to send a new I-485 to VSC after the move or just the stuff that you mentioned. The reason I ask is that I am in a similar situation and would like to know if the I-485 RD/ND dates priorities at the new service center (VSC in your case) are based on the original filing days at the old service centers (NSC in your case).

Thanks.

No Title

Sorry , I-140 was approved May 2000
RD and ND are for NSC
I got an EAD before moving
No new I-485 petition was sent ( although I did include a copy of receipt of I-485 from NSC)
Approval was sent from NSC , so I gues the priority dates are based on NSC processing times.

No Title

I looked up the ODOT at the Dept of Labor website.
I do not know anything about the IT world, sorry !