I-485 approved finally !!

gvrg

Registered Users (C)
I received 5 emails today stating that my application is approved.

My application was pending for a while due to name check and I contacted Senator and requested FOIPA to FBI. probably one of them helped.

"
Application Type: I485 , Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status

Current Status:

On October 2, 2006, after approving your application, we ordered you a new card. Your card will be mailed to you as soon as it is ready.

If you have questions or concerns about your application or the case status results listed above, or if you have not received a decision or advice from USCIS within the projected processing time frame*, please contact the National Customer Service Center.

National Customer Service Center (800) 375-5283.

*The projected processing time frame can be found on the receipt notice that you received from the USCIS.
*** Please do not respond to this e-mail message.
"

Happy for you my friend. Time to relax and enjoy, no more immigration worries for you.
Soon, time will fly and you'll be applying for citizenship!!!!

Congratulations.

Congratulations!
I just have quick question: have you done the second FP after your first FP expired? I did not find such information from your posts. Thanks.

gvrg said:
I received 5 emails today stating that my application is approved.

My application was pending for a while due to name check and I contacted Senator and requested FOIPA to FBI. probably one of them helped.

"
Application Type: I485 , Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status

Current Status:

On October 2, 2006, after approving your application, we ordered you a new card. Your card will be mailed to you as soon as it is ready.

If you have questions or concerns about your application or the case status results listed above, or if you have not received a decision or advice from USCIS within the projected processing time frame*, please contact the National Customer Service Center.

National Customer Service Center (800) 375-5283.

*The projected processing time frame can be found on the receipt notice that you received from the USCIS.
*** Please do not respond to this e-mail message.
"

Congratulations Bro! Enjoy the freedom and freedom from worries!

Could you please shed some light on your Senator enquiry and FOIPA

1. Did the Senator's office contact USCIS or FBI?
2. How long did it take for USCIS or FBI to respond to the Senator's enquiry?
3. Can you provide a sample or gist of the letter you wrote to the Senator or did you simply call him/her?
4. How long did it take for the FBI to respond to FOIPA?

Thanks!!

Congratulations!

What is FOIPA? Is it something you requested from the FBI (if so, how?) or the senator did that on your behalf?

Congrats again

Thnaks for the wishes.

I did my Second FP in the last week of July.

I contacted Senator, expecting that he would contact FBI. But he contacted USCIS and it took 6 weeks to get reply from USCIS. USCIS Replied stating that Visa numbers are unavailable. No mention of FBI Namecheck status. I was going to wait few weeks and request name check status.

In the last 6 month time frame, I personally enquired status two times from USCIS using their 1-800 number.

I sent one email every month for 5 months this year.

FBI replied for FOIPA request in 6 weeks. The FBI response also said that namecheck goes through a more rigorous checks than FOIPA and clearance in this does not mean name check will be okay.

I don't know what helped .. but finally it's approved.

GVRG -> Did you have LUD changed before approval on I-485 and after name check was cleared.

My LUD Did not change before approval and after namecheck clearance.

I waited passively for a long time for GC Approval. This year I got tired of it and started contacting USCIS, FBI and Senator, after reading valuable information from this forum. Don't know when name check was cleared but something probably helped.