I-485 Approved: Finally: Heard on AVM, TSC, EB-3

Satya Tallamraju

Registered Users (C)
Howdy everyone

Finally, the ordeal is over. For a change I heard something different "case has been approved on Aug 31" on the AVM during my daily ritual of checking my I-485 application status. For those of you who keep track of this approval process, my details are as follows.

TSC, EB-3, PD Feb 99, I-485 ND Dec 16, 99, FP in March 2000, second EAD in hand, No second FP notices, SRC # 000-54-XXXXX. Case approved on Aug 31

The surprising part is that on Aug 31 morning, I spoke with an immigration officer after hanging on the phone for about 2 hours only to receive the same standard reply.."case still pending, processing July 99..you have to wait, there are more people in line, huge backlog at INS, you are not the only one waiting...there are thousands in the same boat as you are...blah blah blah...". Case got approved on the same date...

Food for thought: Are the officers we talk to on phone really checking our application status when they talk to us....One thing I noticed was a sudden increase in I-485 approvals off late...

This chat group has been of immense support and solace all these years. Keep up the support and for those of you still waiting...hang in there...hope all of you get your approvals sooon..

thx
satya

Did u hear a change in the message before approval?

Hello

First of all, congratulations !!

I am pretty much in the same boat as you are, but for the approval.

I am curious if
- the message changed from " This case takes between ....." to
  "case not found" during the time of approval.

Also, if you can post whether the message changed on Sep 1st or it
took a week before the approval was aired.

Thanks
D R

No Title

Congrats. Could you please let me know what is the phone # to check the status.

No Title

boo,

TSC status check phone line is 214-381-1423.
This is the number mentioned on your receipt notices.
The best time to call is before 7 AM CST or after 7 PM CST as
it is engaged throughout the day.
I hope you get your approval soon.

No Title

COngrats. My case is almost similar to you.
PD Dec 98 ND Dec 20 99.FP 03/00.
When you call before 7 am does TSC actually answer the call???

Murali

No Title

Satya,
Congrats.My details are exactly like yours.INS has sent me an 2nd FP notice and I did my 2nd FP 0n 9/01.Hope I too will be approved soon.

No, I did not receive any RFEs

The only thing I was afraid of was the fact that my FP which was done in April 2000 had expired. However, I did not receive a second FP notice.

satya

D R...the message did not change

prior to the approval day, it said "received on so....., taking between 240....). At no point did the message change to "case lost or not found"

satya