I-485 Approved - EB3 India PD 3/96 RD 5/99 ND 6/99

Pensive Waiter

Registered Users (C)
The message in VSC\'s automated system has changed yesterday to "This case has been approved...". So, after about 4 years and 5 months of (sometimes) agonizing wait, the whole adjustment of status saga seems to be close to an end. When I heard the approval message on the phone, my first reaction was relief (I was positive that I would be getting an RFE...strange are the ways of bureaucracy!!).

Thanks a lot for all the support I received from this board (and other immigration forums) over the years. Though I was not an active contributor, just reading the posts gave me solace to see that there are others in this journey. I celebrated your successes, commiserated with your hiccups and all of you helped me get this far without loosing my sanity. This experience has taught me patience and made me wiser. For all those still waiting, hang in there. Slowly, but surely, your day will come.

Crazyboy, could you please update my information in the VSC tracker? I will provide updates about my stamping experience etc. once I receive the notice (my wife\'s case message [based on derivative status] has not yet changed and I plan to bug the IIO about IIthis morning).

Thanks once again... you guys were great.

No Title

Congratulations! The frustration of waiting for 485 is such that it makes people more releived than excited. INS makes sure that there is no excitement left in this process except for a few lucky ones who manage to jump the fence early.

No Title

One twist to this.... I had been typing in the WRONG case # for my wife all these years without knowing it!! When I called the IIO this morning, she says "Sorry sir, but that is NOT your wife\'s name on this case". Anyway, she located the right case # (I was consistently mistyping a digit) and confirmed that she was approved too! For a minute, I had a gut wrenching thought that it was some one else\'s approval that I was considering my own ... :)

No Title

Congratulations!! Please add your details to the tracker so that I will update your info.

Good Luck!
CrazyBoy

No Title

Pensive Waiter,

You really made me laugh..
(my other cube-mates started wondering about my well being).

No Title

Passport Stamped - Experience
I received courtesy copies of my approval (and my wife\'s) by mail on Saturday, Aug 5(the letter was post marked Aug 3). I took the courtesy copies, along with our EAD\'s, Parole documents, and our passports with the I-94 forms, and 2 sets of "Immigration Style" photographs to the INS Pittsburgh office @ 9:10 AM this morning. I took a number, and was called after about 5 minutes of waiting (there were a couple of people ahead of us, but there were 2 IIO\'s serving).
The officer took all our documents, stamped the passport right in front of us, made us sign on a document in a couple of places, took our right index prints on the form a couple of times and waved us goodbye!! We were out of the office about 15 minutes after we entered (it took us longer to walk from the parking garage to the office!)!

The passport stamp is an Anti-climax... Just four lines, and it does not even mention the US! Anyway, the officer told us to expect the green card in 1-3 months... That was it! INS Pittsburgh ROCKS....

No Title

Pensive Waiter,

I would appreciate if you could share your fingerprinting experience and tips.
I have FP scheduled fot this month end.

Thanks