I-485 approved - EB2

waitingnwaiting

Registered Users (C)
Hi all,

Finally I received my email today morning.

I started working on H1-b in june 1996. After almost 10 years my I-485 is approved.

My details below.

waitingnwaiting said:
Hi all,

I started working on H1-b in june 1996. After almost 10 years my I-485 is approved.

My details below.

Congratulations :D

Congrats

waitingnwaiting said:
Hi all,

My details below.

Congrats!!

Your case gives me hopes to my case.

BTW, Any stories about your Name Check process?

TIA.

thanks to everybody for the good wishes.
I wish you all a speedy approval.

Damascus,
As far as name check stories,

I contacted the senator in my area (Maria Cantwell)
Her immigration person (Lindsey Pasternak) wasnt too helpful, but offered to check my name check status after my dates became current.
She wasnt really willing to help.

Then I contacted the congressman in my area (Jay Inslee).
I got a very good response from his immigration official (Patrick Hogan). He was very helpful. He got all the details from me and later asked for some more information.

I was expecting him to just check with the FBI about name check.
But Patrick had also called USCIS to find out about my case.

Last friday I got a signed letter from congressman Jay Inslee, stating that my application has been given to an adjudicating officer.
and today morning I got my approval.

My advice would be to contact all the senators of your state
And also the congressman in your congressional district.

Do not wait for the approval just because your dates are current.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for sharing this information! Apparently waiting won't help us at all. I have asked for help from both senators and congressman, but unfortunately only Sen. Cantwell's office is willing to help and has been checking my status every 60 days. My congressman is full of anti-immigration crap...

Hi WaitingnWaiting,

How long ago when you first contact your congressman office? I contacted mine last Nov, and today, I called them again, and they said my name check is pending and there is nothing else they can do except check every month.

waitingnwaiting said:
thanks to everybody for the good wishes.
I wish you all a speedy approval.

Damascus,
As far as name check stories,

I contacted the senator in my area (Maria Cantwell)
Her immigration person (Lindsey Pasternak) wasnt too helpful, but offered to check my name check status after my dates became current.
She wasnt really willing to help.

Then I contacted the congressman in my area (Jay Inslee).
I got a very good response from his immigration official (Patrick Hogan). He was very helpful. He got all the details from me and later asked for some more information.

I was expecting him to just check with the FBI about name check.
But Patrick had also called USCIS to find out about my case.

Last friday I got a signed letter from congressman Jay Inslee, stating that my application has been given to an adjudicating officer.
and today morning I got my approval.

My advice would be to contact all the senators of your state
And also the congressman in your congressional district.

Do not wait for the approval just because your dates are current.

waitingnwaiting said:
I called around december last year.

It helps if your Priority date is current, as was my situation.

Yes, both my priority date (April, 2000) and PD for I485 (Aug, 2004) are current. Sounds like since my name check is pending, there is nothing else I can do. The guy in Congressman office said they can not interfare the security stuff.

Are you also from WA?
I contacted senate Cantwell and Congressman Inslee's office for name check on Feb,02. They both made an inquiry to FBI. butI did not get any response yet.

PD 12/2001
I140/485 11/2003
AP/EAD: many
FP2: 10/2005

yvesliu,

I am sorry you did not have good luck with the congressman.
Do you know who it is.
Please try all the senators also.

I also noticed that the way I presented my case might also be important.
When chatting with senator Cantwell's immigration person, I became a little argumentative. Probably she didnt like it and didnt want to help me.

So when I called Congressman Jay Inslee's office I made sure I was very polite and clear. I talked in an "american fashion".

One140Nov03,

Yes I am from WA.

I am not sure what the congressman's office did for me. Maybe he didnt have to do anything. Maybe my name check must have been completed already.

One thing I know about Senator Cantwell's office is that her immigration person sends a bulk fax once every month to FBI asking for status of everybody who requested.
I am not sure if they actively call up the FBI or not.

Hi waitingnwaiting,

I am from OR, I tried David Wu's office. I think the guy who is in charge of the immigration is trying to check the status every month. He said the latest response he got regarding to my case is name check pending. I do not know he contacts USCIS or FBI, but he said there is not much to do when name check is pending because congressional office can not interfare with security check.

I think the only thing I can do now is having my fingers crossed.