I-485 approved - CSC - June '04 case

newUSHope

Registered Users (C)
This is my first posting. But I'm a regular frequent follower & learned a whole lot from here during the complete process, I thought it might be useful for someone like me listening to the threads.

EB2 semi-concurrent: CSC - MS + 1yr
I140 - RD: 05/24/2004; ND - 06/07/2004
I485/EAD/AP (mine & spouse) RD: 06/17/2004: ND - 06/21/2004
FP Received: 06/25/2004
FP Appt (mine & spouse) : 07/22/2004
FP Done (mine & spouse): 08/21/2004
AP approved (mine & spouse): 7/19/2004
Spouse EAD approved: 07/21/2004
mine EAD approved: 09/09/2004

I-140 LUD: 07/02/04 & approved 05/23/2005 :)

my I-485 LUD: 08/30/2004 (rcvd finger prints, resumed process, blah, blah..), 10/27/2004 (Mass LUD- no change in msg), 1/10 (no reason, no change)

spouse I-485 LUD: 08/30/2004 (rcvd finger prints, resumed process, blah, blah..), 10/27/2004 (Mass LUD- no change in msg), 1/10 (no reason, no change), RFE related to Medical-5/23/2005 , LUD - 6/28 RFE response recevied blah, blah..., 6/29 LUD & no message change.

I-485 (mine & spouse) - approved 08/15/2005 (approved & schedule an appointment with Biometrics Code 2, etc.,) :) :D :eek: ;) :p
Done - Biometrics, Code-2 08/23/2005, then same day LUD & message changed to cards have been ordered

Cards Ordered - 23/08/2005, Cards Mailed - ??, Cards received - ??

waiting for final I-551 cards, Thank you all for the postings & best of luck

Congratulations!!! Were you ever stuck in NAMECHECK?

Congratulations to you and your family!

Did you ever inquire with USCIS and/or FBI regarding your 485 status? Do you know whether you were stuck in NAMECHECK at any point of time?

Thanks!

I did not send any inquiries to FBI for Name Clearence check

But my lawyer did send out three inquiries to USCIS as a whole, but the response was tremendous. As in person I never made any inquiries
* on 5/12/2005 we made our first inquiry in written fax on I-140 status and then we made a sencond inquiry on 5/19/2005 for which we got a response on 5/21. My lawyer got a response saying that my I-140 was approved. I got the final approval notice on 5/23/05 . Around the same date my spouse got an RFE on medical I-485
* Again on 08/04/2005 my lawyer sent out another inquiry to CSC-XII.485 to check the status on I-485 for which we got a response next day saying that "Adjudication should occur within 6 weeks".

I strongly believe these inquiries made the differences.

give_me_gc_yaar said:
Congratulations to you and your family!

Did you ever inquire with USCIS and/or FBI regarding your 485 status? Do you know whether you were stuck in NAMECHECK at any point of time?

Thanks!

cards were mailed

Cards Ordered - 23 Aug '05 & Cards Mailed - 25 Aug '05 :) :D & Card Received - ??

newUSHope said:
I did not send any inquiries to FBI for Name Clearence check

But my lawyer did send out three inquiries to USCIS as a whole, but the response was tremendous. As in person I never made any inquiries
* on 5/12/2005 we made our first inquiry in written fax on I-140 status and then we made a sencond inquiry on 5/19/2005 for which we got a response on 5/21. My lawyer got a response saying that my I-140 was approved. I got the final approval notice on 5/23/05 . Around the same date my spouse got an RFE on medical I-485
* Again on 08/04/2005 my lawyer sent out another inquiry to CSC-XII.485 to check the status on I-485 for which we got a response next day saying that "Adjudication should occur within 6 weeks".

I strongly believe these inquiries made the differences.

substitute labor with priority Aug '99 - EB2 MS + 1year

Cards Ordered - 23 Aug '05 & Cards Mailed - 25 Aug '05 & Cards received - 27 Aug '05 :) ;) :D :cool:

newUSHope said:
Cards Ordered - 23 Aug '05 & Cards Mailed - 25 Aug '05 :) :D & Card Received - ??

Last edited by a moderator:
newUSHope

Can you tell how to schedule stamping and what documents to take and what is the website to schedule stamping etc. I just got my 485 approved.

Congratulation Sameer, you are almost there to receive those magic cards.

I did not get my passport stamped,

My case was approved on Aug 15 with following note "In processing your case we have reached the point where we need you to make an appointment to go to one of our application support centers to have some additional biometrics (fingerprint, photo and signature) taken"

I thought of taking an Infopass appointment for PP stamp right after the Biometrics appointment on 23 Aug but the status was updated immediately saying that the cards were been ordered then mailed on 25 Aug and received on 27 Aug.

If you got an approval notice with same message then schedule your Biometrics calling that 1800-767-1833 number, it should not take too long, when I called the service center I got an appointment for 28 Sept, but I just walked in for an early Code-2 fingerprinting , they were good and very cooperative

sameer89 said:
newUSHope

Can you tell how to schedule stamping and what documents to take and what is the website to schedule stamping etc. I just got my 485 approved.

Biometrics

newUSHope said:
If you got an approval notice with same message then schedule your Biometrics calling that 1800-767-1833 number, it should not take too long, when I called the service center I got an appointment for 28 Sept, but I just walked in for an early Code-2 fingerprinting , they were good and very cooperative

Hi,

Congratulations. Btw, was this at San Jose (Charcot ave)? I will probably be scheduled to go there too, but want to know whether they accept walk-ons or they make you go away and return on the date of the appt. :)

friends, usually how many LUd you got before your 485 approval? And
what is the interval? any LUD after name check cleared?

Congrats newUSHope,

My wife received her plastic card after her I485 approval couple of months before from VSC. Since she didn't go for passport stamping, she didn't submit I-94 and AP. Does she need to submit I-94 and AP? If so, where to submit?

Thanks

Me & my spouse received plastic cards within a week so did not get our passport stamped. So I'm not really sure whether we need to submit I-94 & AP & EADs. Do we need to submit them !!!.. I don't know !

njan08 said:
Congrats newUSHope,

My wife received her plastic card after her I485 approval couple of months before from VSC. Since she didn't go for passport stamping, she didn't submit I-94 and AP. Does she need to submit I-94 and AP? If so, where to submit?

Thanks

I'm not sure about SanJose, we live in Portland OR, But I heard couple of early Biometrics, taken in San Jose

quizfan said:
Hi,

Congratulations. Btw, was this at San Jose (Charcot ave)? I will probably be scheduled to go there too, but want to know whether they accept walk-ons or they make you go away and return on the date of the appt. :)