I-485 Approved!!!! ( Company name changed due to merger)

krusty

Fellow Immigrants

I am shocked to report that both my wife\'s and my I-485 application has been approved. My company merged with another and hence there was a name change. My details are as follows :

PD : 07/98
 EB2 (India) RIR
 RD : 01/10/2000
 ND : 01/25/2000
 FP : 03/22/2000 (Cincinnati, company HQ NYC)
 I-485 approved : 04/18/2001

My company did proactively apply for a new I-140 in addition to the old approved I-140 with old company name.

I hope this helps people who had company name chage. I think ( and I am no expert) that company name change is no big deal if you have an approved amended I-140, in my company (it is a big consulting company) a lot of people are getting approvals.

Please let me know what happens next? When do I go for STAMPING? And is it safe to assume that I am a permanent resident?

Thanks and good luck!

No Title

Humpback
Could you post when you applied new I-140 amendment? and when you got it approved ? thanks

No Title

They applied for my new I-140 application in the month of july/2000 and it was approved around december/2000.

No Title

Humpback,

could you please confirm if your 140 and 485 had a different employer name ?

Thanks

No Title

So your Pro-active I-140 took 6-7 months to get approved , Wondering about Mastech/Igate people who\'s I-140 is filed now .

Will they have to wait another 6-7 months ???

No Title

Congrats, Humpback!! Once your amended I-140 is approved, was it informed/send to INS to put it with your I-485 file or nothing was done of that sort? It will greatly help me and others in the similar situation if you could answer.

thanks