I-485 approved, but ...

sulingli

Registered Users (C)
I got my I-485 approved through WOM. Today I got the Welcome Notice from USCIS saying that my 485 was approved and should expect the physical card in 3 weeks. However, during my entire 485 processing period (4 years!), I was never asked to give photo shots at the biometrics appointments. All my biometrics were just finger prints (Code 1). Is this normal? My lawyer said they could use the paper photos I submitted when I file the application, but I highly doubted that.. Is there anyone knows something about this?

Thank you!

Your lawyer is right. It is very highly likely that your original 485 application's pictures will be used.

I got my I-485 approved through WOM. Today I got the Welcome Notice from USCIS saying that my 485 was approved and should expect the physical card in 3 weeks. However, during my entire 485 processing period (4 years!), I was never asked to give photo shots at the biometrics appointments. All my biometrics were just finger prints (Code 1). Is this normal? My lawyer said they could use the paper photos I submitted when I file the application, but I highly doubted that.. Is there anyone knows something about this?

Thank you!

upon your 485 approval -Normally one would goto USCIS Center and get stamped in passport before getting actual card
you would submit photo and thumb print at that time