I-485 approved but GC not received

rahul76b

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

My I-485 was approved almost 6 months ago but haven't received any welcome/finger printing notices/green card. I have called USCIS/talked to the Immigration Officer but still no response from the TSC...

Anybody else in the same boat? Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

How do you know your i-485 was approved? Did you get emails?

I would take an Infopass appointment and take all the emails/letters indicating approval with me. Alternately, contact your attorney and ask him to do an AILA inquiry. 6 months is a long time- you should have been doing something about this already.

rahul76b said:
Hi,

My I-485 was approved almost 6 months ago but haven't received any welcome/finger printing notices/green card. I have called USCIS/talked to the Immigration Officer but still no response from the TSC...

Anybody else in the same boat? Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

Yes, I got the emails as well as the approval notice...

I have used infopass twice to go to the local TSC center...they even stamped my passport with a 6 month validity period so that I can travel and advised me to call the 800# to schedule a biometrics appt...

The customer service rep told me that they don't make appts for this kind of case effective Oct 1st and I can go take the approval notice to the nearest ASC on WEDNESDAYs only to get my biometrics done....
I went to the ASC today...they refused to do my biometrics and asked me to call the 800# and schedule an appt...I argued with them for 15 mins and they finally gave in...

Let's see if I can get my card after completing the biometrics...I have completed the biometrics 3 times while my I-485 was pending and the last time I got it done was Sep-05....

Card in production

Wow!! I guess biometrics was the bottleneck...Got emails this morning that they have ordered for card production and I should receive it within 30 days...

Congratulations! Welcome to the club.

rahul76b said:
Wow!! I guess biometrics was the bottleneck...Got emails this morning that they have ordered for card production and I should receive it within 30 days...

Congratulations buddy

rahul76b said: