I-485 Approved and Stamping Experience in Charlotte (NC)

Yellow Knight

Registered Users (C)
Friends,

My I-485 Application was approved on September 6th, 2001.
My I-485 case was filed in December 1999 (the official ND was January 31st, 2000).

I went to the INS Office in Charlotte to get the I-551 stamp on my passport on September 27th.

A few observations:

- The address of the Charlotte Office shown in the approval notice from INS is incorrect. Indeed the approval notice says 6 Woodlawn Green, room 138, instead the address is 210 E. Woodlawn Road, Building 6 room 138. See: http://www.ins.usdoj.gov/graphics/fieldoffices/charlotte/ for more information.

- The approval notice says that the hours for this process are Tuesday, Wednesday, & Thursday, 9am - noon. In fact the office is open Monday through Friday. The office opens at 7:30am. According to the guard working at the office, the stamping procedure can be performed on any working day (Monday through Friday) after 7:30am.

- I got there at 7:40am on September 27th and there were already more than 50 people ahead of me. I barely got through the door at 11:25am and I was the last guy that they let in for the day (the office closed at 11:30am)! All the people behind me in the line were asked to leave and come back another day. My advice would be to get there before 6am to make sure you don\'t waste your day.

- The actual stamping procedure took just a couple of minutes. The INS officer told me that I will receive my Green Card in the mail in 2 to 7 months.

I wish you all good luck!

No Title

Can you please post your category and country, please? I am a little bit confused \'coz I saw another yellow knight on this website just filed I485 in June as EB1. Are you the same person?

Thanks!

More info

Sorry for the confusion. More details:

ND: 1/31/00
AD: 9/6/01
Stamped: 9/27/01
EB2
Contry: Others
SRC-00-085-xxxxx