I-485 Approved and I have a question

inPhilly

Registered Users (C)
My 485 is approved. I have a little problem during the process. Labor Department lost my file in 2003. Then I485 stage got RFE. I am not going to complain compare to many. still gratefull that i got it

Here is the question: many said that you need to bring EAD, AP etc to passport stamp, but I do not see that being mentioned on the approval form. They ask for four items: I-94, passport, approval notice and photos. I guess others are not neccessary.

What else should I bring (or not).

Finally, I want to thank all the wonderful people in this message board who help each other out through this grueling process in our life. I wish eveybody best of luck.

LC AUG 2002
LC REAPPLY OCT 2003
485/140/AP/EAD NOTICE FEB 2004
140 APPROVED FEB 2004
EAD/AP APPROVED MAY 2004
485 RFE (ON EMPLOYMENT LETTER and PAY STUBS) REPLY FEB 2005
485 SUBMIT REQUEST APRIL 2005
485 APPROVED JUN 2005

Last edited by a moderator:
even though the approval letter does not ask for AP and EAD, they will still want it back. Better to bring them.

That's not necessarily true. I think it depends on the location and officer. In most cases of passport stamping I have heard of they have asked for previous AP's and EAD's back. But there have been cases where they don't care for these docs. For example, my own case - I had taken my EAD and AP with me for stamping but the officer never asked for them. When I asked from my side whether he needs it, he said "No you should just throw them, you don't need them anymore". So it may not be a strict requirement and also it does not say to bring them on the approval notice.

But having said that, I would still suggest taking those documents just to be on the safe side if you have them handy.

Cheers and good luck!

In your approval notice, you may have something called "government issued ID's" .. that is your EAD and AP.

Congrats Philly

Can you tell me how many days it took to get approval after you submitted the Response for RFE. Also is this in Vermont Service Center

thank u in advance

Do we need to take all EAD's and AP's or just most recent un expired's only. I lost my first EAD and AP docs some where. Please share your experiences.
THanks

grunggy said:
I only took the most recent.

Can I ask what is the admission date on your passport stamp. It is the I-485 approval date or the passport stamp date??? Mine is I-485 approval date. But I assume it is passport stamp date.

Thank you very much in advance

Got stamped. I was asked if I have EAD and AP. I said yes. She took them without looking at the documents. I guess if I said no, she would not persist on getting them. No big deal. Just give them whatever you have.

applevalley said:
Do we need to take all EAD's and AP's or just most recent un expired's only. I lost my first EAD and AP docs some where. Please share your experiences.
THanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Admission date is the passport stamp date. For a year

zyu said:
Can I ask what is the admission date on your passport stamp. It is the I-485 approval date or the passport stamp date??? Mine is I-485 approval date. But I assume it is passport stamp date.

Thank you very much in advance

About 100 days, yes it is in VSC

HaveMercy said:
Can you tell me how many days it took to get approval after you submitted the Response for RFE. Also is this in Vermont Service Center

thank u in advance

inPhilly said:
Admission date is the passport stamp date. For a year

My I-485 approval date is 05/10/05. I did passport stamping on 05/26/05. On my passport it reads

ADM: 05/10/05, EAC, E26
I-485 approval 05/26/05 signature

I was so confused because my I-485 approval is 05/10/05. I thought the officer made a mistake by switching the admission date and the I-485 approval date. I went to Newark office this morning, the officer told me that the passport stamp is correct, the admission date is 05/10/05. The 05/26/05 refers . But I ato the signaturem still not feeling comfortable. Can you double check your admission date written on the passport stamping? It is your passport stamp date or your I-485 approval date???

Thank you very much.

Mine is just the opposite.

ADM: UNTIL 6/13/06
E26 APPROVED 6/5/05

Shouldn't be such a big deal. This is temporary. When you get the real card this is not valid anymore.

zyu said:
My I-485 approval date is 05/10/05. I did passport stamping on 05/26/05. On my passport it reads

ADM: 05/10/05, EAC, E26
I-485 approval 05/26/05 signature

I was so confused because my I-485 approval is 05/10/05. I thought the officer made a mistake by switching the admission date and the I-485 approval date. I went to Newark office this morning, the officer told me that the passport stamp is correct, the admission date is 05/10/05. The 05/26/05 refers . But I ato the signaturem still not feeling comfortable. Can you double check your admission date written on the passport stamping? It is your passport stamp date or your I-485 approval date???

Thank you very much.