I 485 approved and Biometrics

ismaildost

Registered Users (C)
My I-485 got approved on Aug. 16th 2006. The approval letter has following material:

The above application has been approved. Prior to receiving your permanent resident card you may be required to report for biometrics processing (photo/fingerprint/signature). Please do not take any action at this time. If you are required to report for this processing, you will receive another notice advising you of the date, time and location to appear.

If you have not received your permanent resident card or the above mentioned notice to appear for biometrics processing within 90 days, please call this office at the number listed below.

Please let me know if I would have to get Biometrics as I have just gotten my fingerprints done 45 days ago. Is there any difference between Biometrics & fingerprints? After how many days can I expect to have my green card?

Thanks.

ismaildost said:
My I-485 got approved on Aug. 16th 2006. The approval letter has following material:

The above application has been approved. Prior to receiving your permanent resident card you may be required to report for biometrics processing (photo/fingerprint/signature). Please do not take any action at this time. If you are required to report for this processing, you will receive another notice advising you of the date, time and location to appear.

If you have not received your permanent resident card or the above mentioned notice to appear for biometrics processing within 90 days, please call this office at the number listed below.

Please let me know if I would have to get Biometrics as I have just gotten my fingerprints done 45 days ago. Is there any difference between Biometrics & fingerprints? After how many days can I expect to have my green card?

Thanks.

can u provide us with ur processint time details? like when u applied for i485 and under which category and in which center?

ismaildost said:

Thanks.

Well, Finger prints & biometrics all the ame thing but difference is the coding. By saying this what I mean is when USCIS send us those finger printing notices there you see code 1/ code 2 or code 3.
Now if yours ( the one you had 45 days ago) was code 2 that means just index print/picture & electronic signature than you don't have to go for another biometrics as your approval letter mentiones. Cause code 2 is actually for GC production purposes.
Let me know what code was on your finger print notice ( one that you completed 45 days ago)?
Atique.

atique rahman said:
Well, Finger prints & biometrics all the ame thing but difference is the coding. By saying this what I mean is when USCIS send us those finger printing notices there you see code 1/ code 2 or code 3.
Now if yours ( the one you had 45 days ago) was code 2 that means just index print/picture & electronic signature than you don't have to go for another biometrics as your approval letter mentiones. Cause code 2 is actually for GC production purposes.
Let me know what code was on your finger print notice ( one that you completed 45 days ago)?
Atique.

code 3 is for what? even your code 3 is done you have to go for code 2 when your gc date is nearing. I think code 3 is inclusive of code 1 and 2. shed some light on this

to the best of my knowledge code 3 = print of your 10 finger + electronic signature + photo. if code3 is done you don't have to go for another round of fingerprinting as it includes both code1 & code2. You can be called for code 3 by the USCIS @ the beginning or at the end of your I-485 process.

pls reply

atique rahman said:
Atique.

They just took my fingerprinting and did not take neither picture nor signature so do you think that I would be called again for biometrics?

In yours case you got approval in Feb 2006 and still waiting for Green card????

biometrics

ismaildost said:

Thanks.
my 485 was approved june 30th.i m still waiting for physical green card or biometric notification.keep me posted if you get biometrics notice. thx ajay

biometrics notification

ajay0163 said:
my 485 was approved june 30th.i m still waiting for physical green card or biometric notification.keep me posted if you get biometrics notice. thx ajay

i have received biometrics notification. did u also get it?

Hello.

atique rahman said:
Atique.
Would you mind to share why does it took so long for you to get the card?
I had code 3 on my first FP notification. I called today and they said my biometrics is missing :( ask me to take another one. What's your case like?
Thanks

biometrics

ajay0163 said:

i have gotten appointment for biometrics. did u get it?

ismaildost said:
i have gotten appointment for biometrics. did u get it?
Sooner you appear for FP sooner you will get you plastic GC. Give it atry before scheduled date.