I-485 Approved & Passport Stamped At Newark

srilata

Registered Users (C)
EB2 RIR INDIA PD JAN99 ND MAY19\'00 AMENDED I-140 APPROVED ON FEB\'01, I-485 APPROVED ON MAY 4TH 2001 & PASSPORT STAMPED ON MAY16TH\'2001.

This is my first post.
My labor,I-140, I-485 started with company A. Then company A spunoff and I came to company B. Lawyer filed an amended I-140. It took 3 months to approve. Then company B was brought by company C. Presently working with company C. I never called IIO and I do not know whether they have attached my amended I-140 with my I-485. Last week I checked my AVM there was no message. We got our approval notices by mail.
Yesterday we went to Newark. We waited for 3 hours to get our passports stamped. They did not ask anything. I was so scared that they might ask for employee letter. We took I-94, approval letter, EAD, Advance parole, Passports, Two photos.
I was so much relieved once the lady stamped our passports.
So don\'t worry about company name change, U guys will definetly get u\'r GC\'s. I will pray for you.

This board was of immense help. Especially Rajiv Khanna, myladoor, BJSR, Bhanu and all the people who contributed.

Thanks,
srilata.

No Title

I am not sure of that but the people in front of me with children brought there photos.

srilata.

No Title

To do the amended I-140 you had to do the labour again?

I had to leave the company A just after filing 1-485 in Nov00. I joined company B and did ad again and will start labour soon as my lawyer told me thats the only way to do it?

Please advice thanks

No Title

No need to do labour again. In my case it was a company spunoff so they just filed amended I-140 with company name change.

srilata.

No Title

GCchaos,

It would be a good idea to check with another attorney (Rajiv K, Murthy or any one else you are comfortable with). The $200-300 spent will be worth it. I understand that you can just redo the I-140 and substitute for the one filed with the 485, as long as you are doing a similar job. Do not waste your time and money in starting from scratch. Once you get the new 140 approval, the attorney can substitue in the ongoing 485 application. Probably your attorney is the same as with the old company and is not really \'on your side\'. I have seen a number of people who have substitued the 140 and you will find some on this site as well. You might also want to go through the chat transcripts on murthy.com to see if your question is answered, or ask her in the chat on Monday evenings. Again do not watse your time and money if needed change you lawyer instead, which is also possible and easy to do.

All the Best