I-485 Approved after RFE - ND 6/12/2004

gcwaiter_74

Registered Users (C)
I-485 Approved after RFE - ND 6/12/2003

Hi All,

Mine and my wife's I-485 were approved today. Just received the sweet 2 emails about the approval.
My case was a little wierd - We lost the I-140 RFE and got it just in the nick of time to respond. The sponsoring company went down and I had to apply for H1 transfers - was worried that INS will question about employment during I-485. Instread, they asked me to prove my legal non-immigrant status as of I-485 filing date. Responded to the I-485 RFE on Nov 18th and got the approval today.

This forum has helped me in ways beyond my wildest imaginations. What a great bunch of people you all are..ever ready to help out others in tiding over this long journey. I wish to place my deepest appreciation and gratitude to all the fellow-forumers, who helped me to understand so much about the immigration laws that even my lawyer sometimes did not understand (!?!).

Wishing everyone here all the luck in the world and just hang in there, the approvals are bound to happen..

On a closing note, a very meaningful quote from an unknown author:

" It is good to have an end to journey toward, but it is the journey that matters, in the end"

Here, I am thanking each one of you who made my long journey seem like a short and sweet one.. So Long..

Last edited by a moderator:
30 days..

Congratulations Deepesh
I hope every one of us get out of this struggle by january next year..
Thank yu so much for letting us know your dates.

So Can I say after responding to REF they will take approximately 30 days to get back to us..
thanks
Peter

Sorry about mentioning 2004, it is actually 6/12/2003 - 485 ND

My dates:

I140 AD Oct 2004
I485 RFE Nov 9th 2004
I 485 RFE Response Recd: Nov 18th 2004
I 485 LUD 11/19, 11/22, 11/23
I 485 AD 12/14

Have seen an approximate 13 to 15 working days for approval after an RFE response is received
It was 15 days for my 140 RFE and 18 days for my I485 RFE