I-485 approved after RFE. ND: 12/11/2002

ThelastMile

Registered Users (C)
Received emails for self and spouse that applications were approved on Oct 29th.

LC:EB2 RIR, Oregon
PD: 6/14/2001
LC approved: 07/2002

I140 Filed: 8/2002
I140 approved 10/2002

I485:
RD, ND: 12/11/2002
WAC 03 057 XXXXX
H1 expired in 06/2003, Lawyer decided not to file for extension, instead use EAD. (Worked on H1 for about 3 years 8 months before switching to EAD)

2 EADs (First EAD was approved after more than 6 months after filing)
3 APs (Last was AP filed about a month ago, no receipt received)

2nd FP - 8/26/2004
RFE issued - 9/22/2004 (for both self and spouse)
RFE response received by CIS - 10/22/2004
Approved - 10/29/2004

RFE details:
RFE: Supplemental to the I-693: Re-submit the applicant's supplemental form showing his or her immunization record. All vaccinations completed must be indicated with a check mark or date vaccination was given (all boxes must be filled)

Portland clinic messed up our I-693 supplementals. (so much for choosing the biggest hospital recommended by CIS)
After receiving the RFE, I requested correctly filled forms and copies (since the original forms are in sealed envelopes).
They did not provide copies. I checked the contents of envelope by holding it against a strong light and sure enough, they messed up something else again.
I had difficult time getting them to open the envelopes and fix those mistakes. People are rude and inconsiderate. The whole process required several visits to the hospital and talking to several people. I have filed a complaint with the hospital. I suggest folks in Portland metro area avoid the hospital.

Thanks to the members of this portal for the information and support provided over the last few years. Wishing you all good luck!

Passports stamped today (11/10/2004) at Portland, OR CIS office.

A single infopass appointment was sufficient for myself and spouse.

We submitted the courtesy copy of I-485 approval notices. The IIO retained the documents and returned a photocopy for our reference.
IIO asked us to verify that the names were spelled correctly in the approval notice, and that the address was correct.

The officer took our APs and EADs saying that we won't need them anymore. (I had brought up the topic of EADs and APs). She also retained the I-94s, crossed them out and wrote "I-485 approved" on them.

We submitted passport style photos (facing the camera) on paralegal's advice even though the approval notice asked for three-quarter front profile.

After signing and submitting the index finger print on a document (I believe was I-89) the IIO returned our passports and informed us about ability to travel, and get employment using the stamp. The whole process took about 25 mins.

Congratulations! :) Truly happy to see your approval. And I am glad I was able to wish you the best.

The forum is certainly going to lose one of its most silent yet very dedicated member to the GC class. Hope you get your plastic card soon.

Good luck and god bless.