I-485 Approved after Interview

KAL485

Registered Users (C)
My wife's and my I-485 were both approved and passports stamped today after our interview at the Columbus OH, INS office.
PD 11/99
ND 5/01
RD 4/01
FP 6/01
Transfer Date 3/02
Interview letter received 7/10/02
Interview Date 7/18/02

Approved and PP Stamped 7/18/02

The whole process took about an hour.
:)

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey how about some interview details?

Wow, they only gave you 8 days notice for the interview? Chicago INS is giving about a month and a half notice.

What city did you get this done?
Employment based GC petiton?
What questions did they ask?
What documents did they require?

Yeah! They gave me only 8 days to get ready for the interview. I am in Columbus, OH. This was good since I did not have to wait long after I got my papers ready.

Category was EB2, India

The Interview letter is a standard format and if the interview is for a marriage issue the following documents are listed

Passport, I-94,I-693,I-134 Affidavit of support originals. Copy and originals of birth certificate, marriage certificate, tax returns, bank statemetns.

For marriage proof, they list joint account statemetns, joint mortgage, tax returns, joint pictures.

The interview was very smooth. I-693 and I-134 were not even taken. 750$ down the drain...The only documents taken were the H1s and I-94s. The examiner did check the joint lease agreement that we had as proof of common residence. After that, it was all general questions and he faxed the request for A# and the reply was back in 15mins. I-551 stamp was put on both our PPs and we were all set.

Last edited by a moderator:
I-551 stamp was put on both our PPs and we were all set. [/B]

they didn't bother with the security check (IBIS check) or have they done it before earlier?

thank you and good luck!