I-485 approved after I-140 redo

pbp

Registered Users (C)
PD 08/98 EB2 (RIR) India
RD/ND 08/99
FP 06/00
RFE rcvd 12/00 (I-140 approval)
Reason for I-140 redo: The company that filed my I-485 was bought by another company.
RFE sent 01/29/01
I-140 redo approved 02/06/01
I-485 approved 02/26/01 (as per AVM, haven\'t yet received the notice)

Birth Certificate: I didn\'t have my birth certificate. But my parents (who were here in US when I filed I-485) filed affidavits in US.

Had two EADs and two APs.

I personally think I-140-redo-cases-on-hold theory does not hold much water. But I could be wrong.

According to company immigration consultant who was very angry about I-140 redo\'s, she asked VSC if I-140 redo\'s were necessary when our company was bought. At that time they said "no." She said she has seen I-485s (within our company) approved within a month after I-140 redo approvals.

My advice to the people seeking GC (although nobody asked for it): Be patient. I have seen postings by people who filed I-485s in yr 2000 and are already "frustrated by delays." I can understand their anxiety but see the queue ahead of you.

No Title

correction ...
RFE rcvd 12/00 (I-140 approval)
i meant I-140 redo.

And forgot to mention, good luck to you all!

No Title

some information about change of address ...

you can call a VSC IIO and update your mailing address.
at the same time my wife and i had sent separate letters to VSC
regarding this change.

No Title

Pls note that I sent an RFe for employment letter on 2/21 and recd by ins on 2/22 but when I called the IIO said it is still not showing on the system. Is that possible.

No Title

With the INS, especially Vermont, anything is possible!!!! And on a more serious note, yes, it is possible, but it might be a good idea to call up an IIO and confirm that they have it, instead of assuming that they got it....

No Title

pbp,
Congratulations !!! That was quick.
Question: 02/06/01 I140 redo approval, was it approved or was it the receipt that INS sent to you about receiving the I140 petition. I am in a similar situation. I sent the I140 redo on 02/09/01 and recieved a receipt on 02/15/01. My company thought that it was I140 approval.

No Title

it was approved on 02/06. i never received any receipt (may be the
company lawyer received it). i came to know that it\'s been approved
when the company immigration consultant called me up.