I-485 approved after I-140 redo

jim woo

Registered Users (C)
Just checked with the AVM. It has changed into "this case has been approved on Jan. 8th ..." for both my case and my wife\'s.

EB2 China
   I485 :
           PD 3/8/1998
           RD 8/18/1999
           ND 9/10/1999

RFE I140 redo :
           RD 12/8/2000
           ND 12/12/2000
           AP 12/18/2000

I485 approved : 01/08/2001

For the past half year, I have been visiting this web site very often (4-5 times/day ). I will keep doing so for a couple of more weeks.

Many thanks to Rajiv and others helpers .

Best luck to you all !!

No Title

Why did you redo your I140? Is it because you changed job?
  Thanks for your post

No Title

Did your 485 AVM change that RFE response was recieved after VSC received your I-140 Redo petition. My I-140 petition was sent in December and still the AVM tells that RFE was sent on Dec XX. Your reply will be appreciated.

No Title

It is normal for my case. Because my company changed name after I filed my I-485. VSC is very picky despite the new s2045 . Anyway, it took only a week for the I-140 redo to get approved. Some people in my company got their I-485 approved w/o any RFEs. So it all depends on the officer who processes the case.

No Title

FP 8/2/2000
Thanks myladoor. Your tracker has been a big helper to me in my waitin\' period. You\'ve done a great job.

No Title

The AVM for my I-485 kept "On Dec. 8th , we sent out a request for...". And on 01/10, it changed into "This case has been approved on ..." for all three cases of my family.

My attorney predicted that my I-485 would be approved within 30 days after the I-140 redo was approved. And she was right.

I believe I will see a message "I-485 is approved after I-140 redo" from you VERY SOON.

No Title

Hi Jim,

How come your RFE date and I-140 reciept date are the same. How long did it take for you to recieve your I140 reciept notice. Did the I-140 message change after the approval. How soon can I expect my I-14- reciept notice.

No Title

Ha, you are the only one who noticed this flaw. Thanks for paying attention. ^_0

As matter of fact, I never got the RFE notice on hand. My attorney didn\'t tell me about it. When I checked with my I485 AVM, it mentioned this RFE. So, I called her up. She said the RFE was responded on 12/11 (but when I got the I140 redo receipt, it was received by INS on 12/08 ). So I guess the RFE was issued far earlier than AVM said date. And I really don\'t know how long it took to get the RFE notice letter. Because apparently, my RFE letter reached my attorney before the AVM changed into "on 12/08, we sent out a ..."

The AVM for my I140 changed into " this case has been approved ..." on 12/18..

I guess you should get it any time now.

No Title

Thanks for the clarification. Could u tell me how long it took for you/attorney to recieve the I-140 Reciept notice. It\'already 2-3 weeks since I sent I-140 redo response and I have no clue as to whether Vsc has recd it

No Title

If your attorney responded the RFE correctly, you should get the receipt any time now.

My attorney told me it would take 2 weeks for I140 approval and 30 days for the I485 after the approval of I140 redo. And thank god, it was really accurate for my case.

What mail did your attorney use to file your redo? There should be no problem for the mail. The only thing is if your attorney included proper info.