I-485 approved after denial

vingc

Registered Users (C)
First of all I want to tell you all a good news that I got my 485 approved and received the physical card today. I thank each and every one in this forum for their contribution in making people aware of many many procedures and rules.
My 485 was denied like 2 years ago (after changing the company using AC21). The case was reopened by filing motion to reopen and now I finally got it approved. In these few years it was a big journey with stress and mental retardedness. Once again thank you all of you !!!
One thing I would like to say here "Never loose your hope and that's your best friend"

- vingc

I-140 PD 09/2002
I-485 RD 03/2004
4 EADs
GC card ordered e-mail received 06/11/2007
I-485 AD 06/13/2007
Actual GC received 06/14/2007

First of all I want to tell you all a good news that I got my 485 approved and received the physical card today. I thank each and every one in this forum for their contribution in making people aware of many many procedures and rules.
My 485 was denied like 2 years ago (after changing the company using AC21). The case was reopened by filing motion to reopen and now I finally got it approved. In these few years it was a big journey with stress and mental retardedness. Once again thank you all of you !!!
One thing I would like to say here "Never loose your hope and that's your best friend"

- vingc

I-140 PD 09/2002
I-485 RD 03/2004
4 EADs
I-485 AD 06/13/2007

Congrats !!! vingc. What is your PD ?

- vingc

I-140 PD 09/2002
I-485 RD 03/2004
4 EADs
I-485 AD 06/13/2007

Congradulations. I have changed two companies after my 485 was filed.
I swtiched for the first time after almost 10 months since the day my 485 was filed. I there any thing I need to worry about. I did not even extend my H1 B. I am continuing on my EAD. I would be worried thinking if my 485 gets denied.

I guess, as long as your ex-employer (employer whom you started your GC with) doesn't request to withdraw the application, you should be fine. Also, each time when I speak with the NSC guys, they ask me if I received an interview letter. Not sure if this has anything to do with the AC-21.

- vingc

I-140 PD 09/2002
I-485 RD 03/2004
4 EADs
I-485 AD 06/13/2007

what was the online message when it was denied.

I'm in the same boat, my 485 deined

Hello vingc, my 485 also denied - came to know just y'day. I want to talk to you, can you please provide me your contact information ASAP.

rockme, Did you ask your attorney/USCIS what was the reason for denail? did you miss any RFE/fingerprints

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Rockme

Hello vingc, my 485 also denied - came to know just y'day. I want to talk to you, can you please provide me your contact information ASAP.

I am very sorry for that... Now you will gather all documents what ever u r letter needs from USCIS ..
don't wait take action ASAP go to u r attorney meet him personally and apply MTR/ Re-open/ Appeal with in 30 days..
after that just pray God, faith and positive then u will be okay...

thanks

This is what I believe, Pls correct me If I am wrong.

If you are woring on EAD, once your 485 gets denied, you need to stop working even If your EAD is valid, and you can start working only after the MTR is approved and not after applying for MTR.

Once MTR is approved, your 485 is opened / re-opened / in pending status

This is just my understanding, am not a lawyer.

Last edited by a moderator: