I-485 Approved after a long wait

kvsr

Registered Users (C)
Finally (after 4 and 1/2 years of long wait), I heard from VSC automated message yesterday that
mine and my wife\'s 485 was approved on 6/8/2000. Here is my details

PD 12/95
Labor Cleared 10/96
RD 11/12/1998
ND 11/17/1998
FP 05/1999
RFE 5/11/2000 (Latest Employer Letter, 1999 W2, latest three pay stubs,
                                         and for I-134 affidavit of support for my wife)
RFE reply
received by INS 5/23/2000

Good Luck to everyone, and special thanks to Mr. Rajiv S Khanna.

Can any one tell me, how long to get approval notice by mail, and will the notice have any specific
date for me to go and get the stamp at the local INS office.

No Title

Congratulations, and thanks for the update, by the way can you please tell, if you had submmitted paystubs, W-2, 1999 tax return, etc. along your initial I-485 apllication back in November 1998.

Thanks
optimist9

No Title

Thank you. When I was filed during November 1998, I had provided tax returns of 1995 thru 1997, and no pay-stubs.

No Title

KVSR, thanks for your prompt response and enjoy, and live upto your full potential.

optimist9

No Title

It looks like VSC is moving... Hope they starts processing at good speed. VSC has alreday lost to CSC/TSC/NSC for I-485 processing. I know one thing if VSC starts process....-> they would do it better in sequence of ND.

Lets wait for VSC to wakeup and starts doing the job they used to do best in past.

DG

No Title

Hi,

Can someone tell me what infomation is in the Approval Notice?

I got the Approval Notice from VSC, and it tells me to do the followings:

1. Bring in I-94, 2 color photo and go to the local INS
   to complete the fingerprint and signature on Form I-89.

Can you let me know what info is on your Approval Notice??

1. What is your COA???
2. What does it say on your form?? What does INS tell you to do??

I am so confused.

No Title

"Hello World", I am still waiting for the approval notice, I will give you an answer for your questions as soon as I receive the notice.
But, I have couple of questions

1) Can you tell me what is your approval date, and when did you receive your apporval notice?
     2) What is "COA"?

Please, respond.

kvsr

No Title

Day before yesterday (6/14/2000) I received approval notice my mail. It had mentioned to bring I-94, two photos, passport, and
the approval notice. Yesterday, me and my wife got the stamp at my local INS office (Philadelphia). The process took only five
minutes (but we spent 2 hours, because of the waiting time). The official at the desk took our photos, and I-94. She took finger
print, and ask us to sign the form I-89. Then at the end she put a stamp on our passport (it is valid for one year), and she wrote
our A# underneath the stamp. Finally, she told us that we can except "Original Card" within 9 to 10 months (It is standard
message, normally it took only 6-8 weeks (that\'s what I had observed from this chat group). Also, I can use this stamp as a
valid visa till I get my card.

Thanks to everyone who puts message in this chat group (your messages where so helpful), and wish all best of luck, your
time will come soon. Special, thanks to Mr. Rajiv.

kvsr

No Title

Hi:
Do you have to wait for the approval notice before getting the stamp on the passport? What type of photographs do we have to take? Passport/immigration type? Do you know if we have to surrender the EAD, AP etc too? We found out about our approval today and I presume it will be some time before we get a letter from VSC? Any help in this regard will be greatly appreciated. Again, thanks for posting the info.

No Title

Hi, Aniyan,

Congratulations!

My case was approved 6/8/2000, and received the notice on 6/14/2000. You need immigration type photos (2).
They didn\'t ask me to surrender my EAD, and AP, even I didn\'t ask them. Therefore, still I have my EAD, and AP.

No Title

Thanks. Do we still need the approval notic (original or courtesy copy when we go for the stamping? Did you call them and set up an appointment or was is a walk-in kind of situation? Thanks.

No Title

You need the approval notice (your copy is enough, in my case I took my copy only), you can take this notice next day
without any appointment.