I-485 approved after ~4.5 years in name check

lasthead

Registered Users (C)
I wanted to share this good news with all of you. My I-485 was approved today after ~4.5 years in name check. Hang in there folks. There is light at the end of the tunnel.

Here are the details:

I-140/I-485 filed concurrently in Oct 2002
I-140 approved in April 2003 (EB1-OR)
I-485 approved March 2007

I wanted to share this good news with all of you. My I-485 was approved today after ~4.5 years in name check. Hang in there folks. There is light at the end of the tunnel.

Here are the details:

Congrats!... Ahleluiahh
My details are about the same:
I-140/I-485 filed concurrently in DEC02
I-140 approved in DEC03 [EB3]
FP1: FEB03
I-485 pending [49 mo in Security Checks]

Btw, any RFEs, FP notice, LUDs before approval? :)

Congratulations on your freedom. For the sake of those waiting in line,
please write to members of congress in your district. Ask them to support Senator Obama’s “Citizenship Promotion Act 2007”. Tell them how you waited (or are waiting) for 4 years for your security clearance. Makes a powerful statement.

You can writeto your elected representative using this website:
http://www.house.gov/writerep/

Thank you.

Here are the details:

Congratulations! Why did you choose to wait so long instead of filing a writ of mandamus, which was a pretty powerful option until very recently?

Congratulations!

Here are the details:

Congratulations! ....next all green :D

Did you contact senators in any of those 4.5 years. Did you contact Laura Bush? OR Just you decided to wait? Share your experience in detail. Might help others.

Here are the details:

answers

I saw some questions here & I will try to answer those:

Jhawilla, I did not receive any RFE's. I did receive 3 FP's in these 4.5 years. The last one was a code 3. I got approved a week after that. For those of you stuck in name check for a long time, watch out for that FP notice. Its a harbinger!

Rollingstone, I will write to the elected representative. I already signed Senator Obama's petition.

Akayal1973, I did not file a WOM since my lawyer & my company advised not to.

knowDOL, I did not contact Congressman, Senator or the First Lady. I just waited.

Good luck to you all.

I was wonderting how come people wait so long time without contacting senators. Is there any thing bad about it. Our suffering is true. Then whats wrong in asking for help if they can. Why do attorneys say no to contacting politicians. 49 months or 4 and half years too long.
Anybody there who is against contacting congressman. If so, please share your thoughts view.

Here are the details:

You are very patient with the USCIS. Before seeing the approval message, how many LUDs did you see after your third FP, by the way?

answers

Here are some answers:

knowDOL, I tried asking the congressman, but they have realized that they do not have much luck with FBI name check. So they give an excuse that since a corporation has applied for a Green Card, they cannot help. They work for individuals & not corporations.:mad:

immiq, after FP I saw 3 LUD's within a week before the approval message. There was one more LUD today with the message that cards have been mailed.

lasthead

Did 3 LUD change for 3 days in succession after your third FP? How much time for you to get a biometrics appointment after the name check clearance?

nc3years: Any idea why did they transfer yr case back to CSC? What did they say to you?

Last edited by a moderator:
akayal1973:

could you share more info about your contact with first lady? I don't quite understand how name check is related to first lady.

Thanks a lot.

it is strange to me that some people wait so many years for namechecks although there are some avenues that make things much faster and easier. for example WOM was until recently a very good tool to get the name cleared, same with First lady and sometimes senators.

it is just a matter of trying those avenues instead of waiting all those years for the bureaucrats to look 2 minutes at your file and clean it.

akayal1973:

could you share more info about your contact with first lady? I don't quite understand how name check is related to first lady.

Thanks a lot.

Freeman:

The link isn't very intuitive; however, many on this forum, including myself had written to the First Lady for assistance with the NC clearance. Her office usually forwards such letters to the Deptt. of Justice, which in turn forwards it to the FBI for a reply.

Usually 2-3 months after writing to the FL, people have been hearing back from the FBI that their NC has been cleared. The letter from the FBI mentions that they are writing in response to the letter to the First Lady.

This route has been yielding results in a majority of the cases. Check the postings in the TSC and VSC forums.

akayal1973:

Thanks a lot for your kind reply. Is it possible to share a sample letter with me (ywang0000@gmail.com)?

Please just ignore this message if it's not convenient for you.

Thanks a lot.