I-485 approvals based on FP dates. True?

Chu Pika

Registered Users (C)
Friends,

Today, my attorney told me that they are approving cases that would expire their FP dates (which is, I guess 15 months). My FP date is 03/00. So, does it mean my approval will take a long time?

(EB3, IN, PD 01/96, ND 05/99). Anybody in the same boat?

Murali.

No Title

Friends,

Today, my attorney told me that they are approving cases that would expire their FP dates (which is, I guess 15 months). My FP date is 03/00. So, does it mean my approval will take a long time?

(EB3, IN, PD 01/96, ND 05/99). Anybody in the same boat?

Murali.

No Title

I am in the same boat as you are. I think your attorney is right. I have seen one approval where the guy had his FPs done in 12/99. Until we see more approvals for guys who did their FPs in 2000, we have to be worried.

(EB2, IN, PD 08/97, ND 05/99)

No Title

I don\'t see why this is cause for worry. VSC stopped sending out FP notices early last year. So the progression of FP dates should be the same as the progression of RDs. There should be very few people in the FP redo cycle; basically these few people would be the last quarter 98 filers. As I see it VSC is pretty much still processing on the basis of 485 RDs unlike the other SCs.

No Title

Well, today there is an approval for ND 03/17/99, FP 03/17/2000. Hope you are right. Everybody wants to get over this shitty process.

No Title

Srini\'s approval puts this theory firmly to rest. He did his FP in Feb 2000. So no VSC is not processing by FPs, it is processing by 485 RD (roughly speaking that is. I know there are still many folks who filed in 10-12/98 timeframe still waiting)