I-485 approval trend - Is it based on actual priority date?

Edison

Registered Users (C)
Just I was wondering whether CIS is processing cases based on actual GC Priority date rather than I-485 ND.

GC PD: 01/12/2001
I-485:
RD :10/07/2002
ND :10/16/2002
FP : 11/22/2002
AD :02/11/2004
Service Center: VSC

Everyone post the details of both approved and pending cases, let's predict the CIS approval trend.

I doubt if approval is based on PD. My PD is 12/18/2000 and I just completed my 2nd FP. GOK when it will be approved.

I don't think so either.
My GC priority date is 10/31/99
LC: 2/01
Applied for 140: 3/01
Query on 140: 10/01
140 Approval: 12/01
485: filed on 3/02 but somehow the receipt date is 5/02
FP1: 7/02
FP2: 1/04
AD: ?

I wish!!! But don't think so.

PD:12/9/1999
rd:9/6/02
nd:9/18/02

I jusy pray my GC gets approved soon. It HAS BEEN PURE TORTURE.

I don't think there is any method to the madness. i think there is a big pile of I-485 applications sitting in the middle of a big room at the VSC. every morning the mailroom guy comes in and dumps new apps into the pile. every afternoon, after reading the paper, having coffee and donuts and a mid-morning nap, the BCIS officers wander in, pick up a few files from the pile and go work on them for a couple of hours before they go home.
only this theory can account for the totally random approvals. :D

Goober

Seems like some thing related with Name Check Clearance.
I see some people( include me) they are still waiting just because of Name Check Clearance.
Also depend on that office to whom your case been assigned.

It is just my view.

What does name check entail and how is it different from PF check?
After all , FP sent have a name attached to them.

Originally posted by goober71
I don't think there is any method to the madness. i think there is a big pile of I-485 applications sitting in the middle of a big room at the VSC. every morning the mailroom guy comes in and dumps new apps into the pile. every afternoon, after reading the paper, having coffee and donuts and a mid-morning nap, the BCIS officers wander in, pick up a few files from the pile and go work on them for a couple of hours before they go home.
only this theory can account for the totally random approvals. :D

Goober

I like this reply.

My priorty date for my i140 approval was march 14,2001 and i still waiting for my ead approval.I hope they will base on the prioty date on my i140 to approved my i485.

Hey Edison,
maybe your lawyer attached a pack of cookies with your application or something, which is why the officers picked it out of the pile faster.....:D

Goober

from where can i get Priority date. I did not give importance to PD till now and i dont know much about that. can any one share light on this

Originally posted by yudhister
from where can i get Priority date. I did not give importance to PD till now and i dont know much about that. can any one share light on this

It should be there on I-140 approval notice. . It is date on which you applied the Labor. If your case is EB1 (applied I-140 without labor) then I-140 ND date is his PD.